Kjetil Haug (15) wears Manchester United & City shirts as his agent claims EPL clubs are fighting for his signature
According to Norway’s TV2, Sarpsborg 08 have confirmed that one club from England have posted a bid for 15-year-old goalie sensation Kjetil Haug.
Dubbed “the new Peter Schmeichel”, TV2’s article is accompanied by side-by-side pictures of the teenage keeper wearing both Manchester United and Manchester CIty strips.
Haug recently had a trail at Old Trafford, and by all accounts the goalie’s stay at Manchester United was successful. Haug told reporters last week:
I talked a lot with Anders Lindegaard. He gave me lots of good advice about a possible transfer. It was very interesting and helpful.
We also had lunch with several other United players and David Moyes. Moyes sat down next to me. It was very fun.
It was very special to be on trial at United since I am supporter myself. United is in that respect very well received when I decide on my future. But that they are closest to my heart does not mean anything.
Seven days on, and the hype around Haug appears to have swelled, as Sarpsborg 08’s Bjorge Øiestad confirmed to the press that a bid has been lodged from an unnamed Premier League team.
A coy Øiestad told TV2:
I can confirm that we have received a bid from a club, but I do not want to confirm what club it is.
Moreover, another team indicated that they will make a specific bid, while a third club have indicated that they are also considering a bid. So what I can say is that we are negotiating, so we’ll see what it ends up with.
It is about many factors, including how it is best for [Kjetil Haug] to move alone.There are other things besides economics that matters here.
We know that the English clubs have been and seen him in action for the U15 and U16 National team. These clubs have scouts who have been out in these arenas, and [Kjetil Haug] has been invited for trials with Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City.
- Liverpool owners approach Jurgen Klopp & still expect to challenge for title this ...
- Man City’s Samir Nasri tells French TV he wouldn’t play for the national te...
- Dutch football freestyler Soufiane Touzani owned Man City’s youngsters (Video)
- Man City Women’s striker Natasha Harding’s interview gets rudely interrupte...
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin scores a cracking volley at France training (video)
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata plays FIFA 16 v Spencer FC (video)
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge taunts Man United over Thomas Muller pursuit (Quotes)