Kjetil Haug (15) wears Manchester United & City shirts as his agent claims EPL clubs are fighting for his signature
According to Norway’s TV2, Sarpsborg 08 have confirmed that one club from England have posted a bid for 15-year-old goalie sensation Kjetil Haug.
Dubbed “the new Peter Schmeichel”, TV2’s article is accompanied by side-by-side pictures of the teenage keeper wearing both Manchester United and Manchester CIty strips.
Haug recently had a trail at Old Trafford, and by all accounts the goalie’s stay at Manchester United was successful. Haug told reporters last week:
I talked a lot with Anders Lindegaard. He gave me lots of good advice about a possible transfer. It was very interesting and helpful.
We also had lunch with several other United players and David Moyes. Moyes sat down next to me. It was very fun.
It was very special to be on trial at United since I am supporter myself. United is in that respect very well received when I decide on my future. But that they are closest to my heart does not mean anything.
Seven days on, and the hype around Haug appears to have swelled, as Sarpsborg 08’s Bjorge Øiestad confirmed to the press that a bid has been lodged from an unnamed Premier League team.
A coy Øiestad told TV2:
I can confirm that we have received a bid from a club, but I do not want to confirm what club it is.
Moreover, another team indicated that they will make a specific bid, while a third club have indicated that they are also considering a bid. So what I can say is that we are negotiating, so we’ll see what it ends up with.
It is about many factors, including how it is best for [Kjetil Haug] to move alone.There are other things besides economics that matters here.
We know that the English clubs have been and seen him in action for the U15 and U16 National team. These clubs have scouts who have been out in these arenas, and [Kjetil Haug] has been invited for trials with Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City keeper Joe Hart a target for several Serie A clubs [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic top FPL GW3 captain above Sergio Aguero. Mavericks pick Chelsea starAugust 27, 2016
- Pep Guardiola says Joe Hart is not even guaranteed to be Man City’s Number 2 Keeper [Papers]August 26, 2016
- Liverpool have no interest in signing Manchester City’s Joe Hart [Echo]August 26, 2016
- Sun stitch up Jose Mourinho claiming he stole from builders, dredge up old Chelsea problemsAugust 28, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s awesome response to a Man United fan on TwitterAugust 27, 2016
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016