Kicker: Chelsea negotiating fee for Andre Schurrle with Bayer Leverkusen’s Rudi Voller
- April 18, 2013
German magazine Kicker report this evening what has been in the news over the last few days, Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Bayer Leverkusen forward Andre Schurrle.
Former Germany striker and current Bayer Leverkusen general manager Rudi Voller is currently in London negotiating the fee Chelsea will pay for the 22-year-old.
The deal, mooted to be around 20 million euros, is complicated by the fact that Leverkusen want to seal a deal with Chelsea for Kevin De Bruyne, who has impressed on loan from the Blues at Werder Bremen.
Kicker add that the deal is in the balance as it is not certain that Chelsea will let De Bruyne leave as the Belgian playmaker is considered a potential first teamer at Stamford Bridge.
Nevertheless, Schurrle has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, believed to be for five years, earning four million euros per season.
Schurrle has scored nine goals in 29 appearances for Bayer Leverkusen this season and with 12 assists in the Bundesliga is the top assist maker in the league.
Video evidence of seemingly Chelsea bound Andre Schurrle is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...