Kicker: Chelsea negotiating fee for Andre Schurrle with Bayer Leverkusen’s Rudi Voller
- April 18, 2013
German magazine Kicker report this evening what has been in the news over the last few days, Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Bayer Leverkusen forward Andre Schurrle.
Former Germany striker and current Bayer Leverkusen general manager Rudi Voller is currently in London negotiating the fee Chelsea will pay for the 22-year-old.
The deal, mooted to be around 20 million euros, is complicated by the fact that Leverkusen want to seal a deal with Chelsea for Kevin De Bruyne, who has impressed on loan from the Blues at Werder Bremen.
Kicker add that the deal is in the balance as it is not certain that Chelsea will let De Bruyne leave as the Belgian playmaker is considered a potential first teamer at Stamford Bridge.
Nevertheless, Schurrle has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, believed to be for five years, earning four million euros per season.
Schurrle has scored nine goals in 29 appearances for Bayer Leverkusen this season and with 12 assists in the Bundesliga is the top assist maker in the league.
Video evidence of seemingly Chelsea bound Andre Schurrle is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi