Key Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick ruled out for a month [Times]
With Chelsea’s Juan Mata on the verge of signing for rivals Manchester United, some bad news has surfaced from the Manchester club.
Key central midfielder Michael Carrick has been ruled out for a month, possibly forcing David Moyes into the transfer market once again.
Central midfield is an area lacking cover for Manchester United with Tom Cleverley considered Carrick’s back-up.
The Times claim Carrick’s absence will force a re-think, linking Man United to Juventus stars Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal.
Carrick, the ex-Tottenham star, has already missed a chunk of the season through injury and Moyes will be hopeful the scan provides good results.
Another large blow for Manchester United.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia reacts to claims he cheated on his wife with Sophie VågsæterSeptember 26, 2016
- Rumour: Man United old boy Angel di Maria may be heading to ChelseaSeptember 26, 2016
- Man United have been offered Atletico Madrid midfielder Bernard Mensah by his agent [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Off to Man United? Antoine Griezmann talks about his relationship with Paul Pogba [Onda Cero]September 26, 2016
- Carrick & Herrera score stunners as Man United win at Northampton (Official video)September 22, 2016
- Michael Carrick not about to knock on Mourinho’s door demanding to start v Leicester (Video)September 21, 2016
- Michael Carrick secures his Man United future [FourFourTwo]June 6, 2016
- Manchester United have offered Michael Carrick a one-year contract [Guardian]May 30, 2016