Key Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick ruled out for a month [Times]
With Chelsea’s Juan Mata on the verge of signing for rivals Manchester United, some bad news has surfaced from the Manchester club.
Key central midfielder Michael Carrick has been ruled out for a month, possibly forcing David Moyes into the transfer market once again.
Central midfield is an area lacking cover for Manchester United with Tom Cleverley considered Carrick’s back-up.
The Times claim Carrick’s absence will force a re-think, linking Man United to Juventus stars Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal.
Carrick, the ex-Tottenham star, has already missed a chunk of the season through injury and Moyes will be hopeful the scan provides good results.
Another large blow for Manchester United.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumours of a Rooney-Rashford Man United bust up emerge in The SunOctober 25, 2016
- Liverpool, Chelsea & 88 other scouts watch 17-year-old Alexander Isak in action [Expressen]October 25, 2016
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Paul Pogba are being ‘dragged down’ at Man United (BBC Video)October 25, 2016
- Tim Sherwood thinks Manchester City could buy Michael Carrick in January (Video)October 22, 2016
- Owen Hargreaves compares Michael Carrick to Andrea Pirlo (Video)October 20, 2016
- Carrick & Herrera score stunners as Man United win at Northampton (Official video)September 22, 2016
- Michael Carrick not about to knock on Mourinho’s door demanding to start v Leicester (Video)September 21, 2016