Key Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick ruled out for a month [Times]
- January 24, 2014
With Chelsea’s Juan Mata on the verge of signing for rivals Manchester United, some bad news has surfaced from the Manchester club.
Key central midfielder Michael Carrick has been ruled out for a month, possibly forcing David Moyes into the transfer market once again.
Central midfield is an area lacking cover for Manchester United with Tom Cleverley considered Carrick’s back-up.
The Times claim Carrick’s absence will force a re-think, linking Man United to Juventus stars Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal.
Carrick, the ex-Tottenham star, has already missed a chunk of the season through injury and Moyes will be hopeful the scan provides good results.
Another large blow for Manchester United.
- Wayne Rooney glad to get a good reception on Everton return for Duncan Ferguson’s...
- Man United striker Wayne Rooney received awesome welcome at Everton (video)
- “Spineless snake” – Furious Man United fans hit out at PSG bound Ange...
- Rafael appears to confirm his Man United exit to Lyon on Twitter
- Man United legend Roy Keane comes under attack for saying Arsenal have a ‘selfie cultur...
- Man United defender Rafael to have medical at Lyon ahead of a €3m move [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi