Kevin Strootman will miss Holland World Cup campaign due to serious knee injury, set for 9-month lay-off
- March 10, 2014
Holland’s World Cup hopes have taken a real blow on Monday with the news that Kevin Strootman will miss the showpiece tournament.
Strootman tore ligaments in his left knee in the 7th minute of Roma’s defeat to Napoli on Sunday night in Serie A.
He returned to the field but was eventually substituted when it was clear he could no longer continue.
The former PSV midfielder had been one of the revelations of the season at Roma in 2013/2014 and was a key part of Louis van Gaal’s squad going to Brazil.
Reports in Holland suggest that Strootman will be out for nine months as he recovers from this serious knee injury.
Roma will undoubtedly miss Strootman’s drive and determination in the middle of the park but it is considered a major blow for Holland who are in the World Cup Group of Death alongside Spain, Chile and Australia.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...