Kevin Strootman will miss Holland World Cup campaign due to serious knee injury, set for 9-month lay-off
Holland’s World Cup hopes have taken a real blow on Monday with the news that Kevin Strootman will miss the showpiece tournament.
Strootman tore ligaments in his left knee in the 7th minute of Roma’s defeat to Napoli on Sunday night in Serie A.
He returned to the field but was eventually substituted when it was clear he could no longer continue.
The former PSV midfielder had been one of the revelations of the season at Roma in 2013/2014 and was a key part of Louis van Gaal’s squad going to Brazil.
Reports in Holland suggest that Strootman will be out for nine months as he recovers from this serious knee injury.
Roma will undoubtedly miss Strootman’s drive and determination in the middle of the park but it is considered a major blow for Holland who are in the World Cup Group of Death alongside Spain, Chile and Australia.
- Chilling new details of the terrorist plot for Germany v Holland are revealed [Frankfurter Allgem...
- Was there an ambulance with explosives at Germany v Holland? Kreiszeitung explain their report
- German police find an ambulance with explosives near the Hannover stadium [Kreiszeitung]
- Germany and Netherlands friendly cancelled less than 90 minutes before kick-off after security alert
- Man United linked Kevin Strootman denies injury media reports & confirms return to Roma trai...
- Manchester United make Hummels, Strootman & Nathaniel Clyne targets with £150m funds [Mirror]
- The best Roma goals of 2014 ft. Totti, Strootman, Pjanic & Gervinho [Official video]
- AS Roma president: Kevin Strootman will not go to Manchester United
- Roma keeper Wojciech Szczesny describes Barcelona rout as beautiful (Video)
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- Leo Messi finishes a stunning Barcelona attack with a chipped golazo v Roma (Official Video)