- Martin Odegaard takes part in first senior Real Madrid training session [Video]
- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
Kevin Prince Boateng discusses his Rosa Parks moment during CNN interview
The reverberations around Kevin Prince Boateng’s walk-off protest have been felt worldwide.
Pro Patria players pleaded with Prince to think twice and stay on the pitch, clearly aware of the infamy the move would bring to the small town club.
Prince had his mind made up, however, and with that became the first ever professional footballer to bring a game to a halt for such a reason in what could prove to be a historic moment in football’s battle with racism.
The importance of his brave action is only beginning to sink in for Boateng, and the sense of shock is still palpable in his interview with CNN’s Pedro Pinto on the clip below. He thanks everyone for the support, and takes Pinto through the emotions he went through when he took his momentous decision.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="283014"]
- Updated: January 4, 2013