Kevin Prince Boateng discusses his Rosa Parks moment during CNN interview
- January 4, 2013
The reverberations around Kevin Prince Boateng’s walk-off protest have been felt worldwide.
Pro Patria players pleaded with Prince to think twice and stay on the pitch, clearly aware of the infamy the move would bring to the small town club.
Prince had his mind made up, however, and with that became the first ever professional footballer to bring a game to a halt for such a reason in what could prove to be a historic moment in football’s battle with racism.
The importance of his brave action is only beginning to sink in for Boateng, and the sense of shock is still palpable in his interview with CNN’s Pedro Pinto on the clip below. He thanks everyone for the support, and takes Pinto through the emotions he went through when he took his momentous decision.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”283014″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...