Kevin-Prince Boateng denies he insulted Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah, instead claims he was told to “f**k off!
Schalke and Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has wasted little time getting out his side of the story following his World Cup expulsion.
Kevin-Prince Boateng, along with Sulley Muntari, were summarily sacked from the Ghana squad on Thursday amid reports of fighting inside the camp.
Regarding KPB, there have been reports that the Black Stars star had exchanged words with the coach Akwasi Appiah which had lead to his departure from the squad.
That narrative, however, has been completed refuted by the Schalke man in an exclusive report by Bild. KPB told the German tabloid:
No one should think that I insulted the manager. I’m now leaving & wish my team-mates best of luck for the game.
Muntari and I were just joking around, and the coach stopped the session and sent us back to the changing room.
Afterwards I went and asked what he had against me and he started yelling. He insulted me.There were words like: ‘Fuck off’.
No-one should think I insulted the coach.I’m travelling now, and wish my colleagues all the best for the match against Portugal.
Watch Live Stream
- Not Again: Ghana fly $200K in cash to Rwanda to stave off a revolt from the Black Stars team [Joy Online]September 9, 2015
- Ghana FA President Kwesi Nyantakyi calls for “sexy girls” to attend local matches to boost crowdsSeptember 7, 2015
- Leaked Audio: Wife of Torino’s Afriyie Acquah reveals 4 year affair with Aston Villa’s Jordan AyewAugust 26, 2015
- Mali U20 scored two stunning golazos v Ghana at the U20 World Cup [Videos]June 10, 2015
- Kevin-Prince Boateng hits out at German politician who made racist remarks about Jerome [Instagram]May 29, 2016
- Kevin-Prince Boateng smoked a cigarette, drank a beer before a doping test after Schalke beat Bayer [Picture]February 25, 2014
- Kevin-Prince Boateng! (Schalke) 2-2 v Eintracht FrankfurtJanuary 11, 2014
- Ghana go 7-3 up on aggregate! Kevin Prince Boateng v EgyptNovember 19, 2013