Kevin-Prince Boateng denies he insulted Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah, instead claims he was told to “f**k off!
- June 26, 2014
Schalke and Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has wasted little time getting out his side of the story following his World Cup expulsion.
Kevin-Prince Boateng, along with Sulley Muntari, were summarily sacked from the Ghana squad on Thursday amid reports of fighting inside the camp.
Regarding KPB, there have been reports that the Black Stars star had exchanged words with the coach Akwasi Appiah which had lead to his departure from the squad.
That narrative, however, has been completed refuted by the Schalke man in an exclusive report by Bild. KPB told the German tabloid:
No one should think that I insulted the manager. I’m now leaving & wish my team-mates best of luck for the game.
Muntari and I were just joking around, and the coach stopped the session and sent us back to the changing room.
Afterwards I went and asked what he had against me and he started yelling. He insulted me.There were words like: ‘Fuck off’.
No-one should think I insulted the coach.I’m travelling now, and wish my colleagues all the best for the match against Portugal.
- Mali U20 scored two stunning golazos v Ghana at the U20 World Cup [Videos]
- Golazo: Moussa Konate scored an amazing lob to ease Senegal to victory over Ghana [Video]
- Chelsea-owned Everton loanee Christian Atsu (Ghana) named Player of AFCON Tournament [V...
- Ivory Coast star Gervinho gets hilarious photoshop treatment after AFCON win [Video]
- Photoshoppers go into overdrive mocking Gervinho’s pose during the Ivory Coast v ...
- Ex-Bayern star Sammy Kuffour had his head shaved on TV after betting on Ghana to beat I...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi