Kevin De Bruyne wants to leave Chelsea permanently in January [Nieuwsblad]
- December 11, 2013
One of the stars of Belgium’s World Cup qualification campaign and a player tipped for stardom, it looks like Kevin De Bruyne is keen to force his way out of Chelsea, in order to gain more playing opportunities.
Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblad reports today that Kevin De Bruyne is eager to leave Stamford Bridge and will ask Jose Mourinho to leave the Premier League side permanently next week.
Just a week ago, Mourinho publicly said De Bruyne would get more chances to play: “Hopefully I can give him enough time on the pitch so he decides to stay in a happy way.”
Yet, De Bruyne was an unused substitute for both matches away at Sunderland and Stoke and appears to have shown his frustration on Instagram with a picture from the game at the Potters, in a coat watching from the sidelines. (See below.)
Ironically, De Bruyne is expected to start for Chelsea against Steaua Bucharest this evening but it could be one of his final appearances for the London side.
Nieuwsblad add that there is plenty of interest from big Bundesliga teams in De Bruyne and Belgium coach Marc Wilmots is keen for his to be playing regularly ahead of next summer’s World Cup.
It seems almost certain that De Bruyne will leave Stamford Bridge on loan in January at the minimum, but increasing reports reflect the fact the young winger is unhappy about his treatment at Chelsea.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]