Kevin De Bruyne scores Golazo, injures himself in the process v Malaysia XI
After spending last season on loan at Werder Bremen and with Jose Mourinho assuring Kevin De Bruyne of a squad place at Chelsea this season, there is plenty of interest in the Belgian midfielder during this pre-season.
De Bruyne was the only Chelsea player to start both halves of their first pre-season match against Singha All Stars and looks like being an important squad player this coming season.
For De Bruyne, like the ever burgeoning number of Belgians at Chelsea and indeed the Premier League with the arrival of Nacer Chadli today, its also a big campaign with many tipping Belgium to be the dark horse in next summer’s World Cup.
So, De Bruyne will have been elated with a cracking goal, Chelsea’s second in a 4-1 victory over a Malaysia today, but there were plenty of concerns as he was taken off immediately.
According to reports, the Belgian attacking midfielder was able to walk to the Chelsea bench but we will likely have to wait a few days for the verdict.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Man City to duke it out in January for one of the world’s top defenders [Star]September 24, 2016
- Antonio Conte seething in press conference after Chelsea beaten 3-0 by Arsenal (Video)September 24, 2016
- Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham reaches double scoring figures for Bristol City in September (Official Video)September 24, 2016
- Antonio Conte tries to explain Chelsea’s 3-0 defeat at Arsenal (video)September 24, 2016
- Bad news for Man City star Kevin De BruyneSeptember 24, 2016
- Chelsea should be embarrassed Kevin De Bruyne is at Man City (Sky Video)September 18, 2016
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne compared to Man United’s Paul Pogba (BBC Audio)September 17, 2016
- Pep Guardiola: Leo Messi sits on football’s top table by himself (Video)September 17, 2016