Kevin De Bruyne scores Golazo, injures himself in the process v Malaysia XI
- July 21, 2013
After spending last season on loan at Werder Bremen and with Jose Mourinho assuring Kevin De Bruyne of a squad place at Chelsea this season, there is plenty of interest in the Belgian midfielder during this pre-season.
De Bruyne was the only Chelsea player to start both halves of their first pre-season match against Singha All Stars and looks like being an important squad player this coming season.
For De Bruyne, like the ever burgeoning number of Belgians at Chelsea and indeed the Premier League with the arrival of Nacer Chadli today, its also a big campaign with many tipping Belgium to be the dark horse in next summer’s World Cup.
So, De Bruyne will have been elated with a cracking goal, Chelsea’s second in a 4-1 victory over a Malaysia today, but there were plenty of concerns as he was taken off immediately.
According to reports, the Belgian attacking midfielder was able to walk to the Chelsea bench but we will likely have to wait a few days for the verdict.
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- New Chelsea signing Papy Djilobodji left out of Champions League squad
- Chelsea wonderkid Charly Musonda (18) shows off incredible skills in Belgium training (...
- A map of Chelsea’s 33 loanees after Nathaniel Chalobah joins Napoli on season lon...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...