Kevin De Bruyne scores Golazo, injures himself in the process v Malaysia XI
After spending last season on loan at Werder Bremen and with Jose Mourinho assuring Kevin De Bruyne of a squad place at Chelsea this season, there is plenty of interest in the Belgian midfielder during this pre-season.
De Bruyne was the only Chelsea player to start both halves of their first pre-season match against Singha All Stars and looks like being an important squad player this coming season.
For De Bruyne, like the ever burgeoning number of Belgians at Chelsea and indeed the Premier League with the arrival of Nacer Chadli today, its also a big campaign with many tipping Belgium to be the dark horse in next summer’s World Cup.
So, De Bruyne will have been elated with a cracking goal, Chelsea’s second in a 4-1 victory over a Malaysia today, but there were plenty of concerns as he was taken off immediately.
According to reports, the Belgian attacking midfielder was able to walk to the Chelsea bench but we will likely have to wait a few days for the verdict.
Watch Live Stream
- Burn: Chelsea’s Antonio Conte hit back at Jose Mourinho’s moaning with epic zingerOctober 24, 2016
- Mesut Who? You won’t believe the player leading the Premier League Assists ChartOctober 24, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Too tired: Man City star Kevin De Bruyne refuses to sign autographs for fans (video)October 21, 2016
- Man City don’t sound too prepared for their Barcelona clash judging by De Bruyne’s quotesOctober 17, 2016
- Penny for Aguero’s thoughts: Kevin De Bruyne’s penalty saved v Everton (Official Video)October 15, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne appears to announce that he’s fit to play with magic trick (Video)October 14, 2016