Kevin De Bruyne scores Golazo, injures himself in the process v Malaysia XI
- July 21, 2013
After spending last season on loan at Werder Bremen and with Jose Mourinho assuring Kevin De Bruyne of a squad place at Chelsea this season, there is plenty of interest in the Belgian midfielder during this pre-season.
De Bruyne was the only Chelsea player to start both halves of their first pre-season match against Singha All Stars and looks like being an important squad player this coming season.
For De Bruyne, like the ever burgeoning number of Belgians at Chelsea and indeed the Premier League with the arrival of Nacer Chadli today, its also a big campaign with many tipping Belgium to be the dark horse in next summer’s World Cup.
So, De Bruyne will have been elated with a cracking goal, Chelsea’s second in a 4-1 victory over a Malaysia today, but there were plenty of concerns as he was taken off immediately.
According to reports, the Belgian attacking midfielder was able to walk to the Chelsea bench but we will likely have to wait a few days for the verdict.
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Chelsea youngster Mario Pasalic joins Monaco on loan as part of Falcao deal [Video]
- Done Deal: Chelsea secure season-long loan of Falcao from AS Monaco
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi