- Real Sociedad 2 – Real Oviedo 0: Finnbogason stars for David Moyes’ men [Highlights]
- Jokes! Wealdstone Raider releases “You’ve Got No Fans”; All proceeds go to charity [Video]
- 10 Liverpool outfield players produced 52 passes for Raheem Sterling’s opener v Bournemouth [Video]
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is top of the Man City minutes per goal/assist chart [Graphic]
- Centurion! Arjen Robben’s double for Bayern at Augsburg ratcheted up 100 goals [Official Video]
Kevin De Bruyne scores Golazo, injures himself in the process v Malaysia XI
After spending last season on loan at Werder Bremen and with Jose Mourinho assuring Kevin De Bruyne of a squad place at Chelsea this season, there is plenty of interest in the Belgian midfielder during this pre-season.
De Bruyne was the only Chelsea player to start both halves of their first pre-season match against Singha All Stars and looks like being an important squad player this coming season.
For De Bruyne, like the ever burgeoning number of Belgians at Chelsea and indeed the Premier League with the arrival of Nacer Chadli today, its also a big campaign with many tipping Belgium to be the dark horse in next summer’s World Cup.
So, De Bruyne will have been elated with a cracking goal, Chelsea’s second in a 4-1 victory over a Malaysia today, but there were plenty of concerns as he was taken off immediately.
According to reports, the Belgian attacking midfielder was able to walk to the Chelsea bench but we will likely have to wait a few days for the verdict.
- Updated: July 21, 2013