- Wayne Rooney Tweets about forgetting Arsenal goal, laughs at Piers Morgan
- Barcelona congratulate Lionel Messi on La Liga record with quality YouTube video
- Barca’s Lionel Messi scores a hat-trick & becomes La Liga’s top scorer. Gets bumps & guard of honour
- “This season is no fun” – @Gunnerblog reacts to Arsenal 1 – Man United 2
- 253!!! Lionel Messi extends lead as La Liga top goal scorer with hat-trick v Sevilla!
Kevin De Bruyne claims Jose Mourinho blocked move from Chelsea to Borussia Dortmund
Kevin De Bruyne left Chelsea for Wolfsburg in the January transfer window for a fee of just over 20 million euros.
The Belgian winger struggled for playing time at Stamford Bridge and was keen to leave to secure his place in the World Cup squad.
So far, De Bruyne has been heavily involved at Wolfsburg as they look to secure a Champions League spot in the Bundesliga.
There was plenty of interest in De Bruyne, as far back as last summer, when it appeared Chelsea had too many similar players for the attacking midfield role.
De Bruyne announced in Bild today that he came close to signing for Borussia Dortmund in the summer and had even agreed personal terms with Jurgen Klopp’s side.
But, according to De Bruyne: “Mourinho said no.” Bild suggest this was because Mourinho was angry he could not sign Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund.
De Bruyne added: “This is professional football, where there is a lot of money involved. So sometimes strange decisions are made.”
- Updated: March 5, 2014