Kevin De Bruyne claims Jose Mourinho blocked move from Chelsea to Borussia Dortmund
- March 5, 2014
Kevin De Bruyne left Chelsea for Wolfsburg in the January transfer window for a fee of just over 20 million euros.
The Belgian winger struggled for playing time at Stamford Bridge and was keen to leave to secure his place in the World Cup squad.
So far, De Bruyne has been heavily involved at Wolfsburg as they look to secure a Champions League spot in the Bundesliga.
There was plenty of interest in De Bruyne, as far back as last summer, when it appeared Chelsea had too many similar players for the attacking midfield role.
De Bruyne announced in Bild today that he came close to signing for Borussia Dortmund in the summer and had even agreed personal terms with Jurgen Klopp’s side.
But, according to De Bruyne: “Mourinho said no.” Bild suggest this was because Mourinho was angry he could not sign Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund.
De Bruyne added: “This is professional football, where there is a lot of money involved. So sometimes strange decisions are made.”
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...