Kevin De Bruyne claims Jose Mourinho blocked move from Chelsea to Borussia Dortmund
- March 5, 2014
Kevin De Bruyne left Chelsea for Wolfsburg in the January transfer window for a fee of just over 20 million euros.
The Belgian winger struggled for playing time at Stamford Bridge and was keen to leave to secure his place in the World Cup squad.
So far, De Bruyne has been heavily involved at Wolfsburg as they look to secure a Champions League spot in the Bundesliga.
There was plenty of interest in De Bruyne, as far back as last summer, when it appeared Chelsea had too many similar players for the attacking midfield role.
De Bruyne announced in Bild today that he came close to signing for Borussia Dortmund in the summer and had even agreed personal terms with Jurgen Klopp’s side.
But, according to De Bruyne: “Mourinho said no.” Bild suggest this was because Mourinho was angry he could not sign Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund.
De Bruyne added: “This is professional football, where there is a lot of money involved. So sometimes strange decisions are made.”
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wins plaudits for signing Dortmund deal in snazzy attire (Pic...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Mats Hummels knows who ate all the pies at Borussia Dortmund last season
- Marco Reus runs the length of the pitch, nutmegs Bonucci and scores solo beauty (Video)
- Dortmund’s Aubameyang finishes off brilliant counter-attack versus Juventus (Video)
- Tottenham join Arsenal in race for 26-year-old striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang [Franc...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi