- Aston Villa 2 – Bournemouth 1: Carles Gil scores a wondergoal at Villa Park
- Brighton 2 – Arsenal 3: Tomas Rosicky steals the show in FA Cup win [Official Highlights]
- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
Kevin De Bruyne claims Jose Mourinho blocked move from Chelsea to Borussia Dortmund
Kevin De Bruyne left Chelsea for Wolfsburg in the January transfer window for a fee of just over 20 million euros.
The Belgian winger struggled for playing time at Stamford Bridge and was keen to leave to secure his place in the World Cup squad.
So far, De Bruyne has been heavily involved at Wolfsburg as they look to secure a Champions League spot in the Bundesliga.
There was plenty of interest in De Bruyne, as far back as last summer, when it appeared Chelsea had too many similar players for the attacking midfield role.
De Bruyne announced in Bild today that he came close to signing for Borussia Dortmund in the summer and had even agreed personal terms with Jurgen Klopp’s side.
But, according to De Bruyne: “Mourinho said no.” Bild suggest this was because Mourinho was angry he could not sign Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund.
De Bruyne added: “This is professional football, where there is a lot of money involved. So sometimes strange decisions are made.”
- Updated: March 5, 2014