Keisuke Honda hit the post on his AC Milan debut at Sassuolo [Individual highlights]
After his long drawn transfer from CSKA Moscow to AC Milan, on Sunday night at Sassuola new forward Keisuke Honda finally got to show Rossoneri fans what he is about.
Honda has moved to the San Siro after his contract at CSKA expired at the end of 2013, and the Japanese international had an encouraging debut even though t the result didn’t go in Milan’s favour.
Sassuolo held on to beat AC Milan 4-3 in the game of the weekend in Serie A, but Honda almost equalised for the visitors late on when his left footed striker hit the post and bounced out to safety.
Honda replaced Robinho in the 66th minute, and Milan’s new #10 put in a lively shift as he repeatedly got into some dangerous areas in the match whilst always looking hungry to get on the ball.
Honda is expected to start for Milan against Spezia in the Coppa Italia match on Wednesday.
Watch highlights of Keisuke Honda’s AC Milan debut at Sassuolo below.
Watch Live Stream
- Done Deal: AC Milan sign a Chelsea midfielder on loanAugust 27, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Chelsea starlet Mario Pasalic to join AC Milan on season long-loan for €1m [Di Marzio]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for AC Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli [RMC Sport]August 24, 2016
- West Ham set for a £5m move for AC Milan’s Keisuke Honda in January (Sun)October 29, 2015
- Keisuke Honda scores and assists for Japan in 2-0 win over Tunisia [Highlights]March 27, 2015
- Japan’s Keisuke Honda blazes penalty over the bar v UAE [Videos]January 23, 2015
- Incredible miss! Keisuke Honda ruins Japan team move by hitting post with goal gaping [Video]January 16, 2015