Keisuke Honda hit the post on his AC Milan debut at Sassuolo [Individual highlights]
- January 13, 2014
After his long drawn transfer from CSKA Moscow to AC Milan, on Sunday night at Sassuola new forward Keisuke Honda finally got to show Rossoneri fans what he is about.
Honda has moved to the San Siro after his contract at CSKA expired at the end of 2013, and the Japanese international had an encouraging debut even though t the result didn’t go in Milan’s favour.
Sassuolo held on to beat AC Milan 4-3 in the game of the weekend in Serie A, but Honda almost equalised for the visitors late on when his left footed striker hit the post and bounced out to safety.
Honda replaced Robinho in the 66th minute, and Milan’s new #10 put in a lively shift as he repeatedly got into some dangerous areas in the match whilst always looking hungry to get on the ball.
Honda is expected to start for Milan against Spezia in the Coppa Italia match on Wednesday.
Watch highlights of Keisuke Honda’s AC Milan debut at Sassuolo below.
- AC Milan complete signing of Shakhtar Donetsk striker Luiz Adriano for €8million [video]
- Done Deal: AC Milan confirm signing Carlos Bacca from Sevilla [Tweet]
- AC Milan pay AS Roma €20m for Andrea Bertolacci, despite him never playing for the Gial...
- Liverpool miss out on Carlos Bacca; AC Milan secure Sevilla striker [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- New AC Milan boss Sinisa Mihajlovic explains why he’s the best man for the job [V...
- Arsenal target Geoffrey Kondogbia set for move to AC Milan after fee agreed [Sky Italia]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi