Kaizer Chiefs Legends 5 – Liverpool Legends 5: Patrik Berger scored four goals, Robbie Fowler starred
- November 16, 2013
Liverpool Legends starting XI: Grobbelaar, McAteer, Jones, Wright, Thomas, Barnes, Molby, Berger, Smicer, McManaman, Fowler.
The South African fans packed into the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Saturday were served up a treat by the Kaizer Chiefs and Liverpool legends.
Former Czech Republic legend Patrick Berger was the goalscoring hero for the Reds with four goals against the Kaizer Chiefs, however Berger failed to find the target in the penalty shoot-out as the South Africans prevailed 4-2.
Aside from Berger, Robbie Folwer showed that he has maintained his feathered left boot in a fine performance up-front. In fact Robbie Fowler could have scored the winner with 85 minutes on the clock, but another brilliant save from Baloyi denied the Liverpool legend’s effort.
Steve McManaman netted what looked like the winner on the brink of full-time, but was inexplicably flagged for offside, much to the frustration of the former England international.
Watch the highlights from Kaizer Chiefs Legends 5 – Liverpool Legends 5 (Pens: 4-2) below.
- Liverpool defender Jose Enrique closing in on a move to West Brom [Sky Sports]
- Zlatan & Neymar move to Man United, Chelsea get confused trying to land Stones (44...
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool announce signing of Taiwo Awoniyi, immediately send him on loan to Frankfurt
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...