Kaizer Chiefs Legends 5 – Liverpool Legends 5: Patrik Berger scored four goals, Robbie Fowler starred
- November 16, 2013
Liverpool Legends starting XI: Grobbelaar, McAteer, Jones, Wright, Thomas, Barnes, Molby, Berger, Smicer, McManaman, Fowler.
The South African fans packed into the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Saturday were served up a treat by the Kaizer Chiefs and Liverpool legends.
Former Czech Republic legend Patrick Berger was the goalscoring hero for the Reds with four goals against the Kaizer Chiefs, however Berger failed to find the target in the penalty shoot-out as the South Africans prevailed 4-2.
Aside from Berger, Robbie Folwer showed that he has maintained his feathered left boot in a fine performance up-front. In fact Robbie Fowler could have scored the winner with 85 minutes on the clock, but another brilliant save from Baloyi denied the Liverpool legend’s effort.
Steve McManaman netted what looked like the winner on the brink of full-time, but was inexplicably flagged for offside, much to the frustration of the former England international.
Watch the highlights from Kaizer Chiefs Legends 5 – Liverpool Legends 5 (Pens: 4-2) below.
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard gave a half-time speech at LA Galaxy [video]
- Liverpool lead the race for Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko [L’Equipe]
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard unveiled at LA Galaxy during HT of Toronto rout [video]
- Internacional have sold Brazilian midfielder Allan to Liverpool for £500,000 [UOL Esporte]
- All 13 Steven Gerrard goals during final season for Liverpool [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi