Kaizer Chiefs Legends 5 – Liverpool Legends 5: Patrik Berger scored four goals, Robbie Fowler starred
- November 16, 2013
Liverpool Legends starting XI: Grobbelaar, McAteer, Jones, Wright, Thomas, Barnes, Molby, Berger, Smicer, McManaman, Fowler.
The South African fans packed into the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Saturday were served up a treat by the Kaizer Chiefs and Liverpool legends.
Former Czech Republic legend Patrick Berger was the goalscoring hero for the Reds with four goals against the Kaizer Chiefs, however Berger failed to find the target in the penalty shoot-out as the South Africans prevailed 4-2.
Aside from Berger, Robbie Folwer showed that he has maintained his feathered left boot in a fine performance up-front. In fact Robbie Fowler could have scored the winner with 85 minutes on the clock, but another brilliant save from Baloyi denied the Liverpool legend’s effort.
Steve McManaman netted what looked like the winner on the brink of full-time, but was inexplicably flagged for offside, much to the frustration of the former England international.
Watch the highlights from Kaizer Chiefs Legends 5 – Liverpool Legends 5 (Pens: 4-2) below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...