- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Juventus & Valencia are battling it out for Southampton bad-boy striker Osvaldo [Superdeporte & Tuttosport]
- January 28, 2014
Six months after he arrived at Southampton, and after one punch that socked Jose Fonte, it seems that Dani Osvaldo’s days at Southampton are numbered.
Osvaldo, 28, who joined the Saints in August for €15.1m on a 4-year-deal, now appears to have played his last game for the south coast club with Superdeporte and Tuttosport confirming that Valencia and Juventus are both trying to sign the forward before the transfer window closes.
According to the Italian daily, the ex-Giallorosso striker could arrive on a loan in Turin with a view to complete a permanent transfer in the summer. That deal, however, reportedly hinges on Juve being able to offload Mirko Vucinic before February begins.
Valencia would also like to bring Osvaldo into their ranks, however Los Che are constrained by financial difficulties. Cash-strapping, the Spanish outfit would also be looking to sign the Argentine-Italian forward on a loan deal to begin with, however their are doubts whether the club can muster enough fund-raising before the summer to complete the signing.
Copies of Superdeporte and Tuttosport on Tuesday reporting Juventus’ and Valencia’s interest in Osvaldo are below.