Golazo! Juventus striker Carlos Tevez ends run of five years without a goal in European competitions [Vine]
- April 24, 2014
The weight being lifted off the shoulders of Carlos Tevez was clear to see after he equalised for Juventus in their Europa League semi-final tonight.
Not only did his goal tonight for Juventus against Benfica ensure that his side remain well in the tie but it was also his first goal in Europe in five years!
Astonishingly for such a talented striker, Tevez had not found the back of the net in Europe since scoring against Porto for Manchester United in 2009.
A truly ludicrous 1843 days have passed since that strike. It’s a strange barren run for a player who is moderately prolific in front of goal.
It’s the 20th goal of a successful debut campaign for the Argentinian, but it seems almost certain that it will not culminate with him booking plane tickets to Brazil.
Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has not called the former Boca Juniors striker up for national duty since receiving the job in 2011.
- Leo Messi’s school in Rosario honour the Barca star with giant hand-painted tribu...
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Man United & Man City stars selected for Argentina’s latest squad, Erik Lame...
- What. A. Goal. Substitute Eric Aparicio nets incredible long range golazo v Lanus (Video)
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Matías Messi defends brother Leo from Argentina critics on Twitter
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...