- Man United’s Louis van Gaal on second-half vs. Spurs: “It was a struggle for life” [Graphic]
- Mauricio Pochettino “very pleased” with Spurs draw v Man United
- Louis Van Gaal says 1st half at Spurs was best Man United performance this season [Video]
- Sam Allardyce urges caution ahead West Ham v Arsenal [video]
- Hugo Lloris says Spurs were lucky in post match interview after Man United draw [Video]
Golazo! Juventus striker Carlos Tevez ends run of five years without a goal in European competitions [Vine]
The weight being lifted off the shoulders of Carlos Tevez was clear to see after he equalised for Juventus in their Europa League semi-final tonight.
Not only did his goal tonight for Juventus against Benfica ensure that his side remain well in the tie but it was also his first goal in Europe in five years!
Astonishingly for such a talented striker, Tevez had not found the back of the net in Europe since scoring against Porto for Manchester United in 2009.
A truly ludicrous 1843 days have passed since that strike. It’s a strange barren run for a player who is moderately prolific in front of goal.
It’s the 20th goal of a successful debut campaign for the Argentinian, but it seems almost certain that it will not culminate with him booking plane tickets to Brazil.
Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has not called the former Boca Juniors striker up for national duty since receiving the job in 2011.
- Updated: April 24, 2014