Golazo! Juventus striker Carlos Tevez ends run of five years without a goal in European competitions [Vine]
- April 24, 2014
The weight being lifted off the shoulders of Carlos Tevez was clear to see after he equalised for Juventus in their Europa League semi-final tonight.
Not only did his goal tonight for Juventus against Benfica ensure that his side remain well in the tie but it was also his first goal in Europe in five years!
Astonishingly for such a talented striker, Tevez had not found the back of the net in Europe since scoring against Porto for Manchester United in 2009.
A truly ludicrous 1843 days have passed since that strike. It’s a strange barren run for a player who is moderately prolific in front of goal.
It’s the 20th goal of a successful debut campaign for the Argentinian, but it seems almost certain that it will not culminate with him booking plane tickets to Brazil.
Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has not called the former Boca Juniors striker up for national duty since receiving the job in 2011.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...