Golazo! Juventus striker Carlos Tevez ends run of five years without a goal in European competitions [Vine]
- April 24, 2014
The weight being lifted off the shoulders of Carlos Tevez was clear to see after he equalised for Juventus in their Europa League semi-final tonight.
Not only did his goal tonight for Juventus against Benfica ensure that his side remain well in the tie but it was also his first goal in Europe in five years!
Astonishingly for such a talented striker, Tevez had not found the back of the net in Europe since scoring against Porto for Manchester United in 2009.
A truly ludicrous 1843 days have passed since that strike. It’s a strange barren run for a player who is moderately prolific in front of goal.
It’s the 20th goal of a successful debut campaign for the Argentinian, but it seems almost certain that it will not culminate with him booking plane tickets to Brazil.
Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has not called the former Boca Juniors striker up for national duty since receiving the job in 2011.
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Matías Messi defends brother Leo from Argentina critics on Twitter
- Youtuber brilliantly demonstrates how Messi wasn’t to blame for Argentina’s...
- Leo Messi’s grandfather criticises his grandson’s Copa America performances...
- Leo Messi speaks for the 1st time after criticism in Argentina after the Copa America. ...
- Close up footage of Leo Messi’s brother, Matias, being harassed at the Copa Ameri...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi