- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Juventus plot £10m bid for Newcastle’s keeper Tim Krul to replace Gigi Buffon [Sunday Express]
- April 5, 2014
The Sunday Express have a horrible record as getting transfer stories accurate, so it’s with a giant bucket of salt that we learn Juventus are chasing Newcastle keeper Tim Krul.
The Sunday Express article, written by their chief hack John Richardson under the headline “Juve are lining up Krul deal”, reveal the following:
Juventus want Newcastle United keeper Tim Krul to replace legendary Italian international Gianluigi Buffon.
The Italian giants are planning for the future in the knowledge that their 36-year-old skipper and holder of 139 caps can’t go on forever.
Krul is the player Juve have earmarked as Buffon’s eventual successor and they are poised to make a £10 million bid in the summer for the Dutch international.