Juventus or Arsenal? Gonzalo Higuain confirms he is leaving Real Madrid
- June 1, 2013
Gonzalo Higuain scored the opener for Real Madrid on Saturday night, in a 4-2 victory over Osasuna and after the final La Liga game of the season confirmed he will leave the club in the summer.
Juventus have long thought to be the front runners for Higuain’s signature but Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has also been linked with a move for the Argentine hitman.
So much so that Wenger was accosted outside the Champions League final a week ago and urged to sign Gonzalo Higuain by some Arsenal fans.
Higuain said after the Osasuna win: “I am leaving Real Madrid, the decision has been made, I feel the time is right and I want a change of scenery. I have not decided where I will go, but the club already know that I want to go. It was my decision.”
The 25-year-old, who was captain for his final game, added: “I feel that this is the end of my cycle here. I came here for 12 million euros and I am leaving for more.”
On reported interest from Juventus, Higuain said: ” “Yes, they are a possibility but I do not know.”
A number of Premier League sides, including Arsenal, would undoubtedly be improved by a striker with good hold up skills and a strong record of goal scoring at club and international level.
In 261 matches for Real Madrid, Higuain scored 121 goals and provided 56 assists.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi