Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini [Sky Italia]
It’s starting to get very exciting at the Stadium of Light after reports have broken in Italy on Wednesday night that Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini.
News of Sunderland’s interest in the Italian international centre-forward surfaced on Tuesday, with the Northern Echo reporting that Black Cats had had a £6.5 million bid turned down but their new bid of £8 million would be likely accepted by the Bianconeri.
24 hours later, the deal appears to have been sown up according to Sky Italia. Sunderland also appear to have negotiated a fee below Juventus’ expectations.
Giaccherini is rumoured to have penned a 4-year-contract with Sunderland.
28-year-old Giaccherini struggled for playing time last season in the star-studded Juventus squad, but given an opportunity at the Confederations Cup, the attacker showed he has a part to play in a top tier side.
Should the deal come to fruition it will complete a hectic few days of acquisitions for Paolo Di Canio’s team.
In recent weeks Jozy Altidore, Cabral, Modibo Diakité, David Moberg Karlsson, Vito Mannone , Valentin Roberge and El-Hadji Ba have all joined Sunderland.
Sunderland are also on the verge of signing fullback Gino Peruzzi from Velez Sarsfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Man City to duke it out in January for one of the world’s top defenders [Star]September 24, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s awesome gesture to former Juventus team mates [Tuttosport]September 24, 2016
- Man United & Juventus send scouts to Belgrade derbySeptember 18, 2016
- Palermo v Juventus: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-24September 18, 2016
- Jermain Defoe equals a Spurs & Man United legend in the EPL all-time scoring chartsSeptember 24, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk continues firing shots at Guardiola, tells him to go manage Sunderland [Quotes]September 22, 2016
- Man United old boy Paddy McNair lifts Sunderland to victory in the EFL Cup (Official Video)September 22, 2016
- David Moyes explains why Patrick van Aanholt was withdrawn pre Spurs v SunderlandSeptember 20, 2016