- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini [Sky Italia]
It’s starting to get very exciting at the Stadium of Light after reports have broken in Italy on Wednesday night that Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini.
News of Sunderland’s interest in the Italian international centre-forward surfaced on Tuesday, with the Northern Echo reporting that Black Cats had had a £6.5 million bid turned down but their new bid of £8 million would be likely accepted by the Bianconeri.
24 hours later, the deal appears to have been sown up according to Sky Italia. Sunderland also appear to have negotiated a fee below Juventus’ expectations.
Giaccherini is rumoured to have penned a 4-year-contract with Sunderland.
28-year-old Giaccherini struggled for playing time last season in the star-studded Juventus squad, but given an opportunity at the Confederations Cup, the attacker showed he has a part to play in a top tier side.
Should the deal come to fruition it will complete a hectic few days of acquisitions for Paolo Di Canio’s team.
In recent weeks Jozy Altidore, Cabral, Modibo Diakité, David Moberg Karlsson, Vito Mannone , Valentin Roberge and El-Hadji Ba have all joined Sunderland.
Sunderland are also on the verge of signing fullback Gino Peruzzi from Velez Sarsfield.
- Updated: July 10, 2013