Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini [Sky Italia]
It’s starting to get very exciting at the Stadium of Light after reports have broken in Italy on Wednesday night that Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini.
News of Sunderland’s interest in the Italian international centre-forward surfaced on Tuesday, with the Northern Echo reporting that Black Cats had had a £6.5 million bid turned down but their new bid of £8 million would be likely accepted by the Bianconeri.
24 hours later, the deal appears to have been sown up according to Sky Italia. Sunderland also appear to have negotiated a fee below Juventus’ expectations.
Giaccherini is rumoured to have penned a 4-year-contract with Sunderland.
28-year-old Giaccherini struggled for playing time last season in the star-studded Juventus squad, but given an opportunity at the Confederations Cup, the attacker showed he has a part to play in a top tier side.
Should the deal come to fruition it will complete a hectic few days of acquisitions for Paolo Di Canio’s team.
In recent weeks Jozy Altidore, Cabral, Modibo Diakité, David Moberg Karlsson, Vito Mannone , Valentin Roberge and El-Hadji Ba have all joined Sunderland.
Sunderland are also on the verge of signing fullback Gino Peruzzi from Velez Sarsfield.
- Juventus defender Martin Caceres destroys his Ferrari in a drink driving crash [Pictures]
- Juventus legend Gianluigi Buffon admits he’s open to a move to the Premier League
- Napoli beat Juventus thanks to Gonzalo Higuain’s brilliant solo goal (Video)
- Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola: Fergie only likes those who obey him (Quotes)
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Sunderland approach ex Leicester boss Nigel Pearson to be next manager [Guardian]
- Sunderland boss Dick Advocaat refuses to confirm he’ll be the manager for the nex...
- Andy Tate hails Man United for breaking down the Sunderland bus (video)