Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini [Sky Italia]
It’s starting to get very exciting at the Stadium of Light after reports have broken in Italy on Wednesday night that Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini.
News of Sunderland’s interest in the Italian international centre-forward surfaced on Tuesday, with the Northern Echo reporting that Black Cats had had a £6.5 million bid turned down but their new bid of £8 million would be likely accepted by the Bianconeri.
24 hours later, the deal appears to have been sown up according to Sky Italia. Sunderland also appear to have negotiated a fee below Juventus’ expectations.
Giaccherini is rumoured to have penned a 4-year-contract with Sunderland.
28-year-old Giaccherini struggled for playing time last season in the star-studded Juventus squad, but given an opportunity at the Confederations Cup, the attacker showed he has a part to play in a top tier side.
Should the deal come to fruition it will complete a hectic few days of acquisitions for Paolo Di Canio’s team.
In recent weeks Jozy Altidore, Cabral, Modibo Diakité, David Moberg Karlsson, Vito Mannone , Valentin Roberge and El-Hadji Ba have all joined Sunderland.
Sunderland are also on the verge of signing fullback Gino Peruzzi from Velez Sarsfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Juventus become bookies’ favourites to sign Jack Wilshere on loan [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Jack Sullivan reveals details of Simone Zaza’s move to West HamAugust 28, 2016
- Done Deal: West Ham sign Simone Zaza from Juventus [Di Marzio]August 27, 2016
- Done deal? Gazzetta say Juventus striker Simone Zaza is joining West HamAugust 25, 2016
- Liverpool fans react to news that Mamadou Sakho is being forced out the club [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City keeper Joe Hart a target for several Serie A clubs [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Golazo: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj scores sublime winner for Sunderland (Video)August 24, 2016
- Boro’s Cristhian Stuani & Man United’s Marcus Rashford now have something in commonAugust 21, 2016