- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
- 11 Premier League clubs charge for children to be mascots, West Ham £600 package highest [Guardian]
- Nice! Arturo Vidal scored a classy goal for Juventus against Cagliari [Vine & Video]
Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini [Sky Italia]
It’s starting to get very exciting at the Stadium of Light after reports have broken in Italy on Wednesday night that Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini.
News of Sunderland’s interest in the Italian international centre-forward surfaced on Tuesday, with the Northern Echo reporting that Black Cats had had a £6.5 million bid turned down but their new bid of £8 million would be likely accepted by the Bianconeri.
24 hours later, the deal appears to have been sown up according to Sky Italia. Sunderland also appear to have negotiated a fee below Juventus’ expectations.
Giaccherini is rumoured to have penned a 4-year-contract with Sunderland.
28-year-old Giaccherini struggled for playing time last season in the star-studded Juventus squad, but given an opportunity at the Confederations Cup, the attacker showed he has a part to play in a top tier side.
Should the deal come to fruition it will complete a hectic few days of acquisitions for Paolo Di Canio’s team.
In recent weeks Jozy Altidore, Cabral, Modibo Diakité, David Moberg Karlsson, Vito Mannone , Valentin Roberge and El-Hadji Ba have all joined Sunderland.
Sunderland are also on the verge of signing fullback Gino Peruzzi from Velez Sarsfield.
- Updated: July 10, 2013