Juventus bid £20m for Spurs midfielder Paulinho, to replace Man United-bound Arturo Vidal [Telegraph]
- July 12, 2014
You can only assume that Juventus have not watched much of Paulinho either at the World Cup or during a pretty poor first season at Spurs.
Sure, Paulinho bagged a few goals but he really struggled at Tottenham and you can only imagine what the World Cup has done to the Brazilian midfielder’s mindset.
Nevertheless, Jason Burt in the Sunday Telegraph reveals: “Juventus are making a £20 million bid to sign the Brazilian midfielder Paulinho from Tottenham Hotspur. The move is expected to pave the way for Arturo Vidal to leave the Italian champions although Manchester United, who have strongly been linked with the 27-year-old, deny they are close to agreeing a deal for the Chilean international.”
Somewhat predictably, Burt wonders whether Spurs will let Paulinho leave White Hart Lane for only 20 million pounds and suspects Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will want close to 25 million.
On the United part of this transfer equation, Burt adds: “Juventus will want in excess of £30 million for Vidal although United continue to deny they are on the verge of completing a deal. Nevertheless he is expected to be allowed to leave Juve this summer if the club can sign Paulinho.”
Doesn’t seem like a very good deal for Juventus this, but perhaps they think they can get Paulinho’s form from Corinthians going?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...