Juventus bid £20m for Spurs midfielder Paulinho, to replace Man United-bound Arturo Vidal [Telegraph]
- July 12, 2014
You can only assume that Juventus have not watched much of Paulinho either at the World Cup or during a pretty poor first season at Spurs.
Sure, Paulinho bagged a few goals but he really struggled at Tottenham and you can only imagine what the World Cup has done to the Brazilian midfielder’s mindset.
Nevertheless, Jason Burt in the Sunday Telegraph reveals: “Juventus are making a £20 million bid to sign the Brazilian midfielder Paulinho from Tottenham Hotspur. The move is expected to pave the way for Arturo Vidal to leave the Italian champions although Manchester United, who have strongly been linked with the 27-year-old, deny they are close to agreeing a deal for the Chilean international.”
Somewhat predictably, Burt wonders whether Spurs will let Paulinho leave White Hart Lane for only 20 million pounds and suspects Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will want close to 25 million.
On the United part of this transfer equation, Burt adds: “Juventus will want in excess of £30 million for Vidal although United continue to deny they are on the verge of completing a deal. Nevertheless he is expected to be allowed to leave Juve this summer if the club can sign Paulinho.”
Doesn’t seem like a very good deal for Juventus this, but perhaps they think they can get Paulinho’s form from Corinthians going?
- Arturo Vidal indicates Arsenal or Madrid moves are bogus wearing special shinpads in th...
- Juve’s Arturo Vidal agrees 5-year contract with Real Madrid [La Tercera]
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- Arsenal are no longer interested in Arturo Vidal, according to the BBC & Telegraph
- Arturo Vidal to Arsenal rumours refuse to go away: Deal 90% done according to Cope
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi