Juve president Andrea Agnelli talks digital marketing, transfers & Champions League [Bloomberg TV]
- August 5, 2014
Bloomberg Asia have scooped a rare interview with Juventus president Andrea Agnelli in English as the Bianconeri touch down in Indonesia for their pre-season tour.
Agnelli gave almost 10 minutes of his time to Bloomberg, covering a range of topics from Juevntus’ plans to embrace the Asian market, digital marketing, summer transfers, aims for the season both domestically and in Europe, and several other topics in between.
Some of Agnelli’s highlights included:
We have the team that is best supported in Italy, with 14 million fans, to which we can add a further 180 million fans reached worldwide.
If we could obtain €1-2 from each, we would yield €1.8m-€3.6m. Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Bayern Munich have turnovers of €450m-€500m – we are behind in these tours, but we monetise.
Whilst the fans come closer to us in terms of dreams and passion, they remain physically distant from the action. The only way to connect with them is through the digital universe, and it is an opportunity that we continue to explore…
Looking to Italy there is no plan nor a shared idea about the direction that the system should take.
The elections have presented a candidate who talks about players eating bananas, rather than outlining his proposals for us to move forward.
The other highlight of the interview came when the interviewer wrongly claimed Juve last won the Champions League in 2006, which was the year of the calciopoli affair.
Watch the interview from Bloomberg TV above.
- Fernando Llorente’s agent meets Arsenal officials to discuss potential £8.5m tran...
- Mario Mandzukic breaks Juventus duck with classy late winner against Lechia Gdansk (Video)
- Paul Pogba scores powerful header for Juventus against Lechia Gdansk (Video)
- Chile international Arturo Vidal officially signs for Bayern Munich (video)
- Juventus bid farewell to Arturo Vidal after four glorious years at the club (Video)
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich replace Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger with Arturo ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi