Justice: Didier Drogba (Galatasaray) blazes penalty over after diving v Genclerbirligi
- March 8, 2013
Didier Drogba’s Galatasaray honeymoon is well and truly over.
Scoring on your debut is a sure fire way to becoming a fan favourite at any club, let alone one as fanatical as Galatasaray.
But since that glorious beginning it hasn’t been all plain sailing in the Gala Revolution.
Wesley Sneijder looks off the pace, while Drogba hasn’t quite set the league alight.
Confirmation that all is not right at Gala was provided in Friday’s Super Lig match, as the league leaders crashed at home to lowly Genclerbirligi.
Didier Drogba, Gala’s marqueeplayer, had the chance to equalise five minutes from time, after having blatantly dived to win a penalty.
The Ivorian stepped up to take the spot kick, and justice was served when he blazed his shot over the bar, as Genclerbirligi hung on for an epic away win.
Isn’t Drogba (34) a litte old for diving? It’s a bit of a fuckin’ disgrace.
It’s true what they say; old habits die hard.
Watch justice being served below, with Drogba’s dive and subsequent penalty miss on the one clip.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...