- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger very pleased in post match interview after 2-1 win at West Ham
- Mauricio Pochettino: Spurs should’ve been given a penalty & no sympathy for Man United [Video]
- Man United boss Louis Van Gaal describes tired 2nd half as a “struggle for life” at Spurs [Video]
- Jose Mourinho rant! There is a diving campaign against Chelsea!
- Arsenal fans celebrate a good day, going joint 4th after 2-1 win at West Ham [Best Tweets]
Justice: Didier Drogba (Galatasaray) blazes penalty over after diving v Genclerbirligi
Didier Drogba’s Galatasaray honeymoon is well and truly over.
Scoring on your debut is a sure fire way to becoming a fan favourite at any club, let alone one as fanatical as Galatasaray.
But since that glorious beginning it hasn’t been all plain sailing in the Gala Revolution.
Wesley Sneijder looks off the pace, while Drogba hasn’t quite set the league alight.
Confirmation that all is not right at Gala was provided in Friday’s Super Lig match, as the league leaders crashed at home to lowly Genclerbirligi.
Didier Drogba, Gala’s marqueeplayer, had the chance to equalise five minutes from time, after having blatantly dived to win a penalty.
The Ivorian stepped up to take the spot kick, and justice was served when he blazed his shot over the bar, as Genclerbirligi hung on for an epic away win.
Isn’t Drogba (34) a litte old for diving? It’s a bit of a fuckin’ disgrace.
It’s true what they say; old habits die hard.
Watch justice being served below, with Drogba’s dive and subsequent penalty miss on the one clip.
- Updated: March 8, 2013