Justice: Didier Drogba (Galatasaray) blazes penalty over after diving v Genclerbirligi
- March 8, 2013
Didier Drogba’s Galatasaray honeymoon is well and truly over.
Scoring on your debut is a sure fire way to becoming a fan favourite at any club, let alone one as fanatical as Galatasaray.
But since that glorious beginning it hasn’t been all plain sailing in the Gala Revolution.
Wesley Sneijder looks off the pace, while Drogba hasn’t quite set the league alight.
Confirmation that all is not right at Gala was provided in Friday’s Super Lig match, as the league leaders crashed at home to lowly Genclerbirligi.
Didier Drogba, Gala’s marqueeplayer, had the chance to equalise five minutes from time, after having blatantly dived to win a penalty.
The Ivorian stepped up to take the spot kick, and justice was served when he blazed his shot over the bar, as Genclerbirligi hung on for an epic away win.
Isn’t Drogba (34) a litte old for diving? It’s a bit of a fuckin’ disgrace.
It’s true what they say; old habits die hard.
Watch justice being served below, with Drogba’s dive and subsequent penalty miss on the one clip.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi