Just get rid of it! Kashima Antlers play headers in the box, concede 95th min equaliser v Yokohama
- May 4, 2013
Just get rid of it!
That’s what Kashima Antlers fans will have been screaming as they watched their defence faff about with a loose ball in the box in the closing stages of their game with Yokohama F. Marinos.
The Antlers were looking good for a solid 1-0 away win at Yokohama, but their inability to defend a straightforward ball in the box cost them 2 points.
With the ball hanging in the air after a Yokohama free-kick had been delivered into the box, two Kashima Antlers defenders started an impromptu game of headers keepy-ups, instead of simply blasting it away for a corner at worst.
After three awful headers, the ball fell to Yokohama’s Fabio Da Silva, who hit a deflected volley into the roof of the net to draw the game.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...