- Zinedine Zidane: The day I was asked to join Real Madrid was one of the happiest of my life [Vogue]
- The Wealdstone Raider reckons he could take on David Silva but ‘would run miles’ from Roy Keane [Video]
- An extensive look at Bayern Munich’s magnificent stadium, the Allianz Arena [Video]
- The top ten players in Serie A this season [Copa 90 Video]
- Jose Mourinho: Bojan Krkic is the only player who almost killed me with a heart attack [Video]
Just get rid of it! Kashima Antlers play headers in the box, concede 95th min equaliser v Yokohama
Just get rid of it!
That’s what Kashima Antlers fans will have been screaming as they watched their defence faff about with a loose ball in the box in the closing stages of their game with Yokohama F. Marinos.
The Antlers were looking good for a solid 1-0 away win at Yokohama, but their inability to defend a straightforward ball in the box cost them 2 points.
With the ball hanging in the air after a Yokohama free-kick had been delivered into the box, two Kashima Antlers defenders started an impromptu game of headers keepy-ups, instead of simply blasting it away for a corner at worst.
After three awful headers, the ball fell to Yokohama’s Fabio Da Silva, who hit a deflected volley into the roof of the net to draw the game.
- Updated: May 4, 2013