Just get rid of it! Kashima Antlers play headers in the box, concede 95th min equaliser v Yokohama
- May 4, 2013
Just get rid of it!
That’s what Kashima Antlers fans will have been screaming as they watched their defence faff about with a loose ball in the box in the closing stages of their game with Yokohama F. Marinos.
The Antlers were looking good for a solid 1-0 away win at Yokohama, but their inability to defend a straightforward ball in the box cost them 2 points.
With the ball hanging in the air after a Yokohama free-kick had been delivered into the box, two Kashima Antlers defenders started an impromptu game of headers keepy-ups, instead of simply blasting it away for a corner at worst.
After three awful headers, the ball fell to Yokohama’s Fabio Da Silva, who hit a deflected volley into the roof of the net to draw the game.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]