- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Just a yellow? Ruben Oliveira’s (Fiorentina) nasty stomp on Miralem Pjanic (Roma)
Roma beat Fiorentina 4-2 on Saturday night in Serie A, and whilst Francesco Totti stole the plaudits for his two goals and one assist, on the nastier end of the analysis scale was Ruben Oliveira’s stomp on Miralem Pjanic.
Oliveira’s dirty tackle has drawn plenty attention because the Uruguayan managed to avoid a red card.
The incident occurred in the 20th minute as Bosnian Pjanic was trying to advance up the pitch, right on the touchline, in front of both benches.
As the young midfielder headed to the chalk, Oliveira made a poor challenge on Pjanic as he kicked him in the back of his leg. Pjanic duly went down to the floor, only for Oliveira’s bad behaviour to get much much worse as he stomped on the Bosnian’s leg with his studs arrowing into the 22-year-olds flesh.
A kerfuffle instantly blew up after Oliveira’s awful assault, however the Viola number five avoided a dismissal receiving only a caution.
Watch Ruben Oliveira’s shocking stomp below.
- Updated: December 9, 2012