Just a yellow? Ruben Oliveira’s (Fiorentina) nasty stomp on Miralem Pjanic (Roma)
- December 9, 2012
Roma beat Fiorentina 4-2 on Saturday night in Serie A, and whilst Francesco Totti stole the plaudits for his two goals and one assist, on the nastier end of the analysis scale was Ruben Oliveira’s stomp on Miralem Pjanic.
Oliveira’s dirty tackle has drawn plenty attention because the Uruguayan managed to avoid a red card.
The incident occurred in the 20th minute as Bosnian Pjanic was trying to advance up the pitch, right on the touchline, in front of both benches.
As the young midfielder headed to the chalk, Oliveira made a poor challenge on Pjanic as he kicked him in the back of his leg. Pjanic duly went down to the floor, only for Oliveira’s bad behaviour to get much much worse as he stomped on the Bosnian’s leg with his studs arrowing into the 22-year-olds flesh.
A kerfuffle instantly blew up after Oliveira’s awful assault, however the Viola number five avoided a dismissal receiving only a caution.
Watch Ruben Oliveira’s shocking stomp below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”266418″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi