Jurgen Klinsmann explains USMNT squad, with Landon Donovan cut in mind: ‘It was all performance-based’ [Video]
- May 28, 2014
Jurgen Klinsmann’s World Cup squad announcement was one of the more controversial within the case country, with many decrying Landon Donovan’s exclusion.
In the below interview with ESPN, Klinsmann explains his choices, stating that his squad was ”all performance based” (i.e., nothing to do with reputation).
Klinsmann conceded that most coaches probably would have included Landon, but that he firmly believes that the four attackers he’s gone for are the most adequate and appropriate for this summer’s tournament, and agree he will live and die by the decision: if they succeed, he’ll be vindicated, if not, he’ll never hear the end of it.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]