“Jupp Heynckes used my tactics to win the triple with Bayern” – Louis van Gaal strikes again and may be on his way to England
- March 19, 2014
It has been somewhat quiet around Louis van Gaal’s, former Bayern and Barcelona head manager, and current Dutch national team coach. But his name has been resurfacing the news lately.
In an interview with German newspaper Bild, the Dutch native reaffirmed his ambitions to coach in the Premier League.
Having won the La Liga with Barcelona, the Bundesliga with Bayern, and the Eredivisie with Ajax, Van Gaal now wants to try to swim in uncharted waters, “My ambition is to coach a top team in the Premier League. I have never experienced the atmosphere in England,” said the 62 year old manager, “Of course, I like the Bundesliga a lot, but I have already won the German title. I want to win the league title in a fourth country.”
His infamous exit from Bayern in 2011 left a foul taste in everyone’s mouth, it follows naturally that Van Gaal would have something to say about the club which is currently dominating European football. “Jupp Heynckes used my tactics to win the triple at Bayern, only now when Pep is in charge we see a difference in the system,” Van Gaal stated.
With his contract at the Holland national team expiring after the World Cup, the most likely destination for a top team in England would be Tottenham or Manchester United. Sherwood and Moyes beware!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...