- Brilliant video! PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic picks all time XI ft. adjective for each player [Video]
- Thomas Vermaelen to undergo surgery – Barcelona defender out for 5 MONTHS [Sport]
- Legend! Burnley’s Danny Ings launches incredible disability project; Funds it all himself [Video]
- Manuel Pellegrini: My Man City team never know when they are beaten!
- Southampton’s Pablo Osvaldo pranks Inter’s Gary Medel with an exploding pen [Video]
Julian Draxler confirms Arsenal did make an offer to sign him in January [BBC]
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) June 17, 2014
As Arsenal fans fret about the summer transfer window, news has emerged from the January window.
Gooners have seen Bacary Sagna leave the club for Manchester City on a free and watched Arsene Wenger reject the chance to bring back Cesc Fabregas to the Emirates, instead the Spain midfielder has signed for Chelsea.
On Tuesday, the BBC’s David Ornstein has Tweeted confirmation that Arsenal did move for Julian Draxler in the January transfer window.
Julian Draxler was an unused substitute for Germany in Salvador on Monday as Jogi Low’s side romped to a 4-0 victory over Portugal.
Ornstein is one of the most reliable journalists when it comes to transfer news and it does seem likely that Draxler will not be moving anywhere this summer.
The Schalke youngster struggled in the second half of the 2013/2014 season, perhaps due to the Arsenal offer and it was touch and go whether he would be part of the Germany squad for the World Cup.
- Updated: June 17, 2014