Juan Zuniga explains Neymar injury, ‘I didn’t mean to hurt him, I was defending my shirt'; doesn’t actually apologize [Video]
- July 5, 2014
Credit to Colombia’s Juan Zuniga, he manned up and faced the press in the mixed zone last night, after not only losing and getting knocked out, but also carrying the responsibility of injuring Brazil’s golden boy, Neymar.
Interviewed by ESPN Brasil, Zuniga explained what happened, though he almost made a point about not formally apologizing; the word ‘sorry’ never came from his mouth, as in his worldview, as he explains, these things can happen on the pitch.
‘It was a play, a moment in the match where you’re defending your shirt…you don’t go in there thinking you’re going to fracture his spine, or whatever they’re saying now.
It was a play where I was defending my shirt and my country, and…that’s it.
Asked by the reporter how he feels about the injury to Neymar, Zuniga replied:
‘….Well, for me….before I go in there for that play to mark him, I’m not thinking about hurting him. I go in defending my shirt as I’ve always said.
Unfortunately, this happened (Neymer injury), and let’s hope that with the help of God he will recover.’
A token ‘S0rry’ wouldn’t have killed him, would it?
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Brazil v Paraguay: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi