Juan Mata’s father & agent approaches Napoli, Barca, Real Madrid, Inter & PSG about January move from Chelsea
- January 5, 2014
Juan Mata’s reaction to being substituted at Southampton on New Year’s Day was always likely to be the catalyst for plenty of speculation about the Spanish playmaker’s future in January.
And so it has proved, with plenty of reports in the Sunday papers today after Juan Mata has fallen out of favour with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.
Duncan Castles in The Sunday Times, who has good connections with many key figures at Chelsea, reports on Sunday that Juan Mata’s father, who is also his agent, has been trying to sell the former Valencia schemer to a number of clubs.
Castles writes: “Mata’s upset with his status this season has been exacerbated by a desire to start for Spain in this summer’s World Cup. Contact has also been made with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Internazionale and Paris Saint-Germain about a January switch.”
Napoli seem best placed, perhaps to loan Mata this January, with Rafa Benitez in charge for the Serie A side and already out of the Champions League.
Mata’s hopes of a departure from Chelsea may not be so smooth though, a report in the Mail on Sunday by Joe Bernstein suggests the Blues are unwilling to let him go.
Chelsea are seemingly keen to hold on to Mata for their charge on the title and Champions League and feel they can get a 30 million pound fee from PSG in the summer.
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...