Juan Agudelo announces on Twitter that he has signed for Stoke on a 6-month loan deal
- January 14, 2014
— Juan Agudelo (@JuanAgudelo) January 14, 2014
Stoke appear to be getting their act together and Mark Hughes seems to be assembling some exciting young strikers at the Britannia.
Earlier today the Potters announced the permanent signing of Stephen Ireland and also the arrival on loan of 21-year-old Swedish striker John Guidetti.
At the time of publishing this post, Juan Agudelo has not been officially announced by Stoke but the Tweet above is about as certain as they come and the Premier League side have been chasing the American striker for some time.
Stoke were initially linked with Agudelo last summer.
In August 2013, it was announced Agudelo had signed a pre-contract agreement with Stoke and would join officially on January 1, 2014.
But this move initially fell through as he was denied a work permit.
This is an exciting signing for Stoke. Agudelo is a player who has scored spectacular goals and has shown plenty of promise.
The Premier League will though be a big challenge and to explain the Tweet above, Agudelo looks set to sign permanently and then go to Holland, Spain or Belgium on loan.
- Luton v Stoke: Watch a Live Stream
- Mark Hughes: I didn’t even realise Harry Kane had gone off (video)
- D’oh: Stuart Pearce confuses Xherdan Shaqiri with Colombian pop star Shakira (Video)
- ‘He has no Job now': Shaqiri burns Effenberg while denying he moved to Stoke for ...
- Watch Xherdan Shaqiri’s first interview since joining Stoke from Inter Milan (Off...
- Xherdan Shaqiri’s number 22 jersey becomes fastest selling shirt in Stoke City...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...