- Roma want to take Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski on loan to cover for Gervinho’s AFCON absence [Gazzetta]
- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
- Arsenal stars Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere et al thank followers after reaching 5 million milestone
- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
Journalist Tony Evans claims Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers & FSG have had some big arguments [Video]
An interesting discussion has been held over why Liverpool haven’t yet renegotiated terms with manager Brendan Rodgers after his stellar work this season.
Rodgers signed a 3-year deal at Anfield when he joined from Swansea back in 2012, and despite the fact that there is only a year left on the existing contract Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre insisted just this week that the club are in no hurry for a new deal with the gaffer.
Arye said this week “We will have our own dialogue at the appropriate time, we will have that discussion. Right now isn’t the time. We don’t want a distraction. That’s a private matter. I know Brendan, myself and the owners are all very comfortable with that.”
Picking apart the story, The Times journalist Tony Evans claims that during his time in charge of LFC, Brendan Rodgers and owners FSG have had some large-scale disagreements.
Tony Evans quipped Rodgers has irked the owners by “having a propensity of talking too much and he has a pretty high opinion of himself.”
Watch the interesting discussion on Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool contract below.
- Updated: April 10, 2014