Josip Drmic denies Arsenal move is done, but said it would be “every boy’s dream…” [Bild]
- March 30, 2014
An off-the-cuff comment from Lothar Matthäus on Sky Germany yesterday suggested Arsenal had signed Nurnberg striker Josip Drmic.
However, German newspaper Bild have revealed on Sunday morning that a deal is some way off and that Matthäus’ reasoning for the transfer is deeply flawed.
The former German national team captain claimed that Drmic has already been sold to Arsenal and “his wife is already looking for a place to live in London.”
But, Drmic isn’t married. The Swiss striker told Bild: “Right now I’m single. There is no one in London looking for a home.”
Besides this crucial fact, Bild do make a few assertions suggesting Drmic could be on his way to the Emirates.
The 21-year-old striker has a clause in his contract which means he is available for just five million euros – Nurnberg are desperately trying to improve his current deal which runs until the end of the 2016/2017 season.
Bild suggest that Nurnberg stand to lose about 20 million euros if Arsenal invoke Drmic’s current release clause.
In addition, Drmic is quoted saying “it would be every boy’s dream” to join Arsenal.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]