Josip Drmic denies Arsenal move is done, but said it would be “every boy’s dream…” [Bild]
An off-the-cuff comment from Lothar Matthäus on Sky Germany yesterday suggested Arsenal had signed Nurnberg striker Josip Drmic.
However, German newspaper Bild have revealed on Sunday morning that a deal is some way off and that Matthäus’ reasoning for the transfer is deeply flawed.
The former German national team captain claimed that Drmic has already been sold to Arsenal and “his wife is already looking for a place to live in London.”
But, Drmic isn’t married. The Swiss striker told Bild: “Right now I’m single. There is no one in London looking for a home.”
Besides this crucial fact, Bild do make a few assertions suggesting Drmic could be on his way to the Emirates.
The 21-year-old striker has a clause in his contract which means he is available for just five million euros – Nurnberg are desperately trying to improve his current deal which runs until the end of the 2016/2017 season.
Bild suggest that Nurnberg stand to lose about 20 million euros if Arsenal invoke Drmic’s current release clause.
In addition, Drmic is quoted saying “it would be every boy’s dream” to join Arsenal.
Watch Live Stream
- Julian Draxler could be playing for PSG when they face Arsenal in the Champions LeagueAugust 29, 2016
- Middlesbrough agree a loan deal for Arsenal’s Calum ChambersAugust 29, 2016
- German FA confirm Arsenal’s 2 new signings, Wenger says no more transfersAugust 29, 2016
- Arsenal fans react to news Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette is injuredAugust 29, 2016
- The worst penalty shoot-out ever took place in Germany this week: Aalen v Nurnberg (Video)August 13, 2015
- Arsenal miss out again! Josip Drmic is leaving Nurnberg to join Bayer Leverkusen for €6 million [Bild]May 7, 2014
- Lothar Matthäus insists: Josip Drmic will join Arsenal this summer for €4.5m [Blick]April 30, 2014
- Official Bundesliga video of Arsenal target Josip Drmic’s top 5 goalsApril 6, 2014