Josip Drmic denies Arsenal move is done, but said it would be “every boy’s dream…” [Bild]
- March 30, 2014
An off-the-cuff comment from Lothar Matthäus on Sky Germany yesterday suggested Arsenal had signed Nurnberg striker Josip Drmic.
However, German newspaper Bild have revealed on Sunday morning that a deal is some way off and that Matthäus’ reasoning for the transfer is deeply flawed.
The former German national team captain claimed that Drmic has already been sold to Arsenal and “his wife is already looking for a place to live in London.”
But, Drmic isn’t married. The Swiss striker told Bild: “Right now I’m single. There is no one in London looking for a home.”
Besides this crucial fact, Bild do make a few assertions suggesting Drmic could be on his way to the Emirates.
The 21-year-old striker has a clause in his contract which means he is available for just five million euros – Nurnberg are desperately trying to improve his current deal which runs until the end of the 2016/2017 season.
Bild suggest that Nurnberg stand to lose about 20 million euros if Arsenal invoke Drmic’s current release clause.
In addition, Drmic is quoted saying “it would be every boy’s dream” to join Arsenal.
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...