Jose Mourinho wants to take Real Madrid’s £25k-a-week Raphael Varane to Chelsea [Daily Mail]
- July 18, 2014
Jose Mourinho is hoping to take an old boy in the form of Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane to Chelsea, according to the Daily Mail.
Mourinho gave Varane his debut, as well as buying the youngster, when he was in charge at Madrid and now he wants to bring his protege to London while the Frenchman is negotiating a new contract at his current club.
Apparently Varane is paid just £25,000 a week by the European champions! We know that he’ll hardly be rummaging through bins for food on that wage but it’s still pittance in comparison with some of Madrid’s other stars.
Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly earns at least ten times as much as Varane.
Madrid would be reluctant to let Varane go but may listen to offers north of £25 million for the centre-half.
- Didier Drogba speaks to Rio Ferdinand about two very different Champions League finals ...
- Leaked: Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season [Pictures]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Nathan becomes the latest Chelsea player to join Vitesse on loan [De Telegraaf]
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi