Jose Mourinho says paying Luke Shaw’s Manchester United wages would have killed Chelsea morale [Backpages]
- July 25, 2014
Manchester United raied a few eyebrows with their signing of Luke Shaw.
Not due to his quality or world-class potential ; that isn’t in doubt, but over the £27m fee they paid for him, and £100,000 per week wages.
Chelsea were also in for Shaw, with their left-back berth vacant following Ashley Cole’s departure, but they pulled out of the bidding, and instead went for Filipe Luis.
Jose Mourinho has now revealed the reasoning behind the decision, with a thinly veiled taunt at United, saying that giving so much money to a young kid would have ruffled senior feathers:
‘If we pay to a 19-year old what we were being asked for Luke Shaw we are dead.
We lose all of our dressing room stability.’
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Nathan becomes the latest Chelsea player to join Vitesse on loan [De Telegraaf]
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Diego Costa smashes into people and scores nutmeg during futsal friendly in Kuwait [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi