- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
Jose Mourinho says paying Luke Shaw’s Manchester United wages would have killed Chelsea morale [Backpages]
- July 25, 2014
Manchester United raied a few eyebrows with their signing of Luke Shaw.
Not due to his quality or world-class potential ; that isn’t in doubt, but over the £27m fee they paid for him, and £100,000 per week wages.
Chelsea were also in for Shaw, with their left-back berth vacant following Ashley Cole’s departure, but they pulled out of the bidding, and instead went for Filipe Luis.
Jose Mourinho has now revealed the reasoning behind the decision, with a thinly veiled taunt at United, saying that giving so much money to a young kid would have ruffled senior feathers:
‘If we pay to a 19-year old what we were being asked for Luke Shaw we are dead.
We lose all of our dressing room stability.’