Jose Mourinho says Brendan Rodgers congratulated him after Chelsea win at Liverpool [video]
- April 30, 2014
“They parked two buses, rather than one. From the first minute they had 10 men behind the ball. We were the team trying to win but we just couldn’t make the breakthrough.” – Brendan Rodgers after Liverpool 0 – Chelsea 2.
Its fair to say Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was pretty calm in his assessment of the 2-0 defeat to Chelsea.
Especially, when you consider how some Liverpool fans reacted.
But, Jose Mourinho claimed in his pre-Atletico Madrid press conference that Rodgers had called up his former boss to congratulate Chelsea on their victory.
Of real interest was what could be seen as a patronising comment from Mourinho at the end of the video above.
“He [Rodgers] watched the match for sure on video and now I think he understood what happened.”
Which suggests Mourinho believes Rodgers will be better for the experience, which can only be good news for Liverpool.
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...