Jose Mourinho says Brendan Rodgers congratulated him after Chelsea win at Liverpool [video]
- April 30, 2014
“They parked two buses, rather than one. From the first minute they had 10 men behind the ball. We were the team trying to win but we just couldn’t make the breakthrough.” – Brendan Rodgers after Liverpool 0 – Chelsea 2.
Its fair to say Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was pretty calm in his assessment of the 2-0 defeat to Chelsea.
Especially, when you consider how some Liverpool fans reacted.
But, Jose Mourinho claimed in his pre-Atletico Madrid press conference that Rodgers had called up his former boss to congratulate Chelsea on their victory.
Of real interest was what could be seen as a patronising comment from Mourinho at the end of the video above.
“He [Rodgers] watched the match for sure on video and now I think he understood what happened.”
Which suggests Mourinho believes Rodgers will be better for the experience, which can only be good news for Liverpool.
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi