Jose Mourinho called a liar after missing the Ballon d’Or gala to watch his son play football
- January 8, 2013
The Madrid-based press (specifically AS) is outraged today and the overriding thought is that, if we didn’t know it already, Jose Mourinho’s time at the Bernabeu is undoubtedly coming to an end.
After Sunday’s win over Real Sociedad, Jose Mourinho told the press he would be unable to attend the Ballon d’Or gala event in Zurich since he had to work.
Mourinho: “I’m not going to Zurich. I have to work as we have a game on Wednesday in the Copa del Rey and it’s an important one for me.”
This was seen as a surprise since The Special One was nominated for the 2012 best coach award, but how could anyone at Real Madrid complain about this? Especially as the clash with Celta Vigo is a big one, with Los Blancos 2-1 down from the first leg.
Until, Mourinho turned up in Canillas on Monday afternoon to watch his son Joseph jr. train with his youth team.
So, whilst president Florentino Perez and players Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso and Marcelo represented the La Liga champions, Mourinho stayed at home and didn’t come through on his “excuse.”
Florentino Perez reportedly sees this as a snub to Real Madrid and AS even went so far as to film Mourinho at his son’s training. Footage below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi