- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Jose Mourinho called a liar after missing the Ballon d’Or gala to watch his son play football
The Madrid-based press (specifically AS) is outraged today and the overriding thought is that, if we didn’t know it already, Jose Mourinho’s time at the Bernabeu is undoubtedly coming to an end.
After Sunday’s win over Real Sociedad, Jose Mourinho told the press he would be unable to attend the Ballon d’Or gala event in Zurich since he had to work.
Mourinho: “I’m not going to Zurich. I have to work as we have a game on Wednesday in the Copa del Rey and it’s an important one for me.”
This was seen as a surprise since The Special One was nominated for the 2012 best coach award, but how could anyone at Real Madrid complain about this? Especially as the clash with Celta Vigo is a big one, with Los Blancos 2-1 down from the first leg.
Until, Mourinho turned up in Canillas on Monday afternoon to watch his son Joseph jr. train with his youth team.
So, whilst president Florentino Perez and players Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso and Marcelo represented the La Liga champions, Mourinho stayed at home and didn’t come through on his “excuse.”
Florentino Perez reportedly sees this as a snub to Real Madrid and AS even went so far as to film Mourinho at his son’s training. Footage below.
- Updated: January 8, 2013