- Mario Götze’s awesome strike for Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim [Official video]
- Man United boss Louis Van Gaal jokes “She’s the boss” whilst being dragged away by media manager [Video]
- Olivier Giroud out of Dortmund game: Arsenal failed to register striker for CL!
- Nuts! Ricardo Kishna’s amazing Panna for Ajax v Heenreveen [Official video]
- Arsene Wenger kept Arsenal’s players in for dressing room for showdown talks after Man United loss
Jose Mourinho is free to field a weak Chelsea team v Liverpool with Hilario, Kalas & Ake all likely to play [Papers]
The Thursday papers are in agreement: Jose Mourinho is free to field a weakened Chelsea team for this weekend’s huge Premier League match away at Liverpool.
With Liverpool odds-on favourites to win the championship for the first time in 24 years, and with Chelsea focused on trying to get into the Champions League final, the Blues seem set to sacrifice their chances of winning at Anfield on Sunday by sending out a second-rate XI.
Injuries to Petr Cech and John Terry means the experienced Chelsea pair will almost certainly not play again this season, whilst knocks to Samuel Eto’o and Eden Hazard further complicate the situation for Jose Mourinho.
Now the Daily Mail have picked their predicted Chelsea XI for the Liverpool game, and it reads: Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schurrle.
Noticeably, both The Times and the Sun agree that while Chelsea’s action may be frowned upon, as the Premier League is now a 25-man squad game, the Pensioners are well within their rights to field whatever players they like within that parameter.
See a copy of the backpage of The Times on Thursday and the Daily Mail’s prediction Chelsea XI v Liverpool below.
- Updated: April 23, 2014