Jose Mourinho is free to field a weak Chelsea team v Liverpool with Hilario, Kalas & Ake all likely to play [Papers]
- April 23, 2014
The Thursday papers are in agreement: Jose Mourinho is free to field a weakened Chelsea team for this weekend’s huge Premier League match away at Liverpool.
With Liverpool odds-on favourites to win the championship for the first time in 24 years, and with Chelsea focused on trying to get into the Champions League final, the Blues seem set to sacrifice their chances of winning at Anfield on Sunday by sending out a second-rate XI.
Injuries to Petr Cech and John Terry means the experienced Chelsea pair will almost certainly not play again this season, whilst knocks to Samuel Eto’o and Eden Hazard further complicate the situation for Jose Mourinho.
Now the Daily Mail have picked their predicted Chelsea XI for the Liverpool game, and it reads: Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schurrle.
Noticeably, both The Times and the Sun agree that while Chelsea’s action may be frowned upon, as the Premier League is now a 25-man squad game, the Pensioners are well within their rights to field whatever players they like within that parameter.
See a copy of the backpage of The Times on Thursday and the Daily Mail’s prediction Chelsea XI v Liverpool below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...