Jose Mourinho has given his approval for David Luiz to leave Chelsea for Barcelona [El Mundo Deportivo]
- May 12, 2014
The rumours have been rife for a few days now and there is becoming now a tide of reporting in both Brazil and Spain that confirms David Luiz will leave Chelsea for Barcelona this summer.
El Mundo Deportivo report on Monday morning that Barcelona will likely secure two signings in the coming weeks: young German keeper Marc-André Ter Stegen and David Luiz.
Barcelona tried to sign the Brazilian defender last summer but the move was blocked by Jose Mourinho.
This summer, The Special One will allow Luiz to depart Stamford Bridge, in a bid to strengthen other areas of his team with the incoming cash and because he is not completely convinced by the Brazilian defender.
Mourinho has played Luiz in midfield on a fair few occasions and appears to have other players in mind for the centre of Chelsea’s defence.
Luiz’s transfer from Chelsea to Barcelona now rests upon Luis Enrique who is expected to take over from Tata Martino at the Nou Camp once the 2013/2014 season comes to a close.
Would David Luiz be a big loss for Chelsea?
A central defensive pairing of Gerard Pique and Luiz at Barcelona could be quite impressive…
Perhaps Chelsea would be better off waiting until after the World Cup, when Luiz’s transfer fee will likely increase.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]