Jose Mourinho has given his approval for David Luiz to leave Chelsea for Barcelona [El Mundo Deportivo]
The rumours have been rife for a few days now and there is becoming now a tide of reporting in both Brazil and Spain that confirms David Luiz will leave Chelsea for Barcelona this summer.
El Mundo Deportivo report on Monday morning that Barcelona will likely secure two signings in the coming weeks: young German keeper Marc-André Ter Stegen and David Luiz.
Barcelona tried to sign the Brazilian defender last summer but the move was blocked by Jose Mourinho.
This summer, The Special One will allow Luiz to depart Stamford Bridge, in a bid to strengthen other areas of his team with the incoming cash and because he is not completely convinced by the Brazilian defender.
Mourinho has played Luiz in midfield on a fair few occasions and appears to have other players in mind for the centre of Chelsea’s defence.
Luiz’s transfer from Chelsea to Barcelona now rests upon Luis Enrique who is expected to take over from Tata Martino at the Nou Camp once the 2013/2014 season comes to a close.
Would David Luiz be a big loss for Chelsea?
A central defensive pairing of Gerard Pique and Luiz at Barcelona could be quite impressive…
Perhaps Chelsea would be better off waiting until after the World Cup, when Luiz’s transfer fee will likely increase.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez reveals plans to return to former clubOctober 25, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- ‘We all know how Jose is’: Chelsea’s Pedro dismisses Mourinho’s touchline moaningOctober 25, 2016
- Antonio Conte again defends his touchline conduct v Man United (Video)October 25, 2016
- West Ham v Chelsea: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Who is better: Eden Hazard in goal or Thibaut Courtois as an outfield player? (Video)October 25, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Graeme Souness: Ref bottled sending Chelsea’s David Luiz off v Man United (Video)October 23, 2016
- Joker: David Luiz trolls a young Chelsea fan (Video)October 21, 2016
- David Luiz is looking forward to Chelsea v Manchester United (video)October 21, 2016