Jose Mourinho has cheeky dig at Arsenal, says Cesc Fabregas only wanted to come to Chelsea [Guardian]
- July 19, 2014
Pre-season has barely started, and Jose Mourinho has already recommenced hostilities with old foe Arsene Wenger, by claiming bragging rights over Cesc Fabregas.
Chelsea signed Fabregas from Barcelona during the World Cup, and Mourinho’s now made clear that Chelsea was the only club Cesc was interested in.
Speaking with BT Sport, Mourinho said:
“I spoke with him for 20 minutes, I think he really wanted to come to us.
As you know Arsenal had an option where they could interfere but I think he was not open to that.
He was very much in our direction. It was an easy job for me.”
Will Wenger take the bait?
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright trolled ex Spurs owner at Piers Morgan’s birthday party...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi