Jose Mourinho has cheeky dig at Arsenal, says Cesc Fabregas only wanted to come to Chelsea [Guardian]
Pre-season has barely started, and Jose Mourinho has already recommenced hostilities with old foe Arsene Wenger, by claiming bragging rights over Cesc Fabregas.
Chelsea signed Fabregas from Barcelona during the World Cup, and Mourinho’s now made clear that Chelsea was the only club Cesc was interested in.
Speaking with BT Sport, Mourinho said:
“I spoke with him for 20 minutes, I think he really wanted to come to us.
As you know Arsenal had an option where they could interfere but I think he was not open to that.
He was very much in our direction. It was an easy job for me.”
Will Wenger take the bait?
Watch Live Stream
- Alexis Sanchez shows his disappointment over the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlistOctober 26, 2016
- Chelsea upload video of Nathaniel Chalobah’s double nutmeg v Man UnitedOctober 26, 2016
- The Ox celebrates Arsenal win over Reading with dressing room picture on InstagramOctober 26, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge is the same as Arsenal’s Theo Walcott (BBC Audio)October 26, 2016
- Koscielny thanks Wenger for ‘having balls’ to sign him when he was nobody [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsene Wenger imagines what a chat with God will be like when he dies [Guardian]October 22, 2016
- Mike Dean V Arsenal – How The Gunners really fare?October 21, 2016
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger discusses Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil’s contracts (Video)October 21, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea for Man City [Sun]October 23, 2016
- Antonio Conte’s description of Fabregas injury leads to hilarious misunderstanding (Video)October 22, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas’s wife comments on speculation about him moving to AC MilanOctober 17, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc announces a new member of the Fabregas family on InstagramOctober 16, 2016