Jose Mourinho has cheeky dig at Arsenal, says Cesc Fabregas only wanted to come to Chelsea [Guardian]
Pre-season has barely started, and Jose Mourinho has already recommenced hostilities with old foe Arsene Wenger, by claiming bragging rights over Cesc Fabregas.
Chelsea signed Fabregas from Barcelona during the World Cup, and Mourinho’s now made clear that Chelsea was the only club Cesc was interested in.
Speaking with BT Sport, Mourinho said:
“I spoke with him for 20 minutes, I think he really wanted to come to us.
As you know Arsenal had an option where they could interfere but I think he was not open to that.
He was very much in our direction. It was an easy job for me.”
Will Wenger take the bait?
- Robin van Persie praises Arsenal legend for making him mentally strong (Quotes)
- Mathieu Debuchy tipped to leave Arsenal in move to Serie A [Corriere dello Sport]
- Arsenal & Spurs target Adrien Rabiot set for January Ligue 1 exit [L’Equipe]
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker reveals all about his upbringing & life in Germany...
- Arsenal set for transfer swoop of Ajax wonderkid Riechedly Bazoer (video)
- Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce launches outspoken attack on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
- Man United target William Carvalho issues come-and-get-me plea to Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger reflects on Man United win, and tactical plan to beat ‘unbeatable...
- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas individual match highlights for Spain v Ukraine (Video)
- Cesc Fabregas misses penalty for Spain after fan points laser at his face (Vine)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas is now the top assist-maker in Spanish history (Video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas becomes Spain’s leading assister, posts to Facebook