Jose Mourinho has cheeky dig at Arsenal, says Cesc Fabregas only wanted to come to Chelsea [Guardian]
Pre-season has barely started, and Jose Mourinho has already recommenced hostilities with old foe Arsene Wenger, by claiming bragging rights over Cesc Fabregas.
Chelsea signed Fabregas from Barcelona during the World Cup, and Mourinho’s now made clear that Chelsea was the only club Cesc was interested in.
Speaking with BT Sport, Mourinho said:
“I spoke with him for 20 minutes, I think he really wanted to come to us.
As you know Arsenal had an option where they could interfere but I think he was not open to that.
He was very much in our direction. It was an easy job for me.”
Will Wenger take the bait?
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Francis Coquelin injury update, concern for Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger invites a journalist on a night out to see how he spends money, cue the jokes [Tweets]
- Arsene Wenger: UEFA tested 10 Arsenal players after doping comments, says they want to ‘con...
- Arsene Wenger labels Real Madrid ‘not serious’ if they sack Rafa Benitez (Video)
- Cesc Fabregas leaves classy gift outside the Embassy of France in tribute to Paris victims (Video)
- Cesc Fabregas says Chelsea have had no luck this season in Marca interview
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas speaks about hearing of the Paris attacks after the Spain-England g...
- Cesc Fabregas repeats denial that he was the Chelsea rat, acknowledges Diego Costa criticism [COPE]