- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
- Had Arsenal not dropped 11 points from winning positions…
- The best goals from Spain in 2014 ft. Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, James Rodriguez & more [Video]
- Mad! Man United’s Angel Di Maria is 2nd in the La Liga assists chart for 2014 [Graphic]
Jose Mourinho has a dig at Roberto Mancini & leaves post Man City-Real Madrid presser giggling
“I think it is good. I think a club must support his manager the maximum they can until the last day. When they decide to make a change, a new life, we cannot complain and we have to carry on. But until the last day I admire the clubs that support their managers. City is out of the Champions League but they are out because of two big teams. Real Madrid and Dortmund are two very good teams and in this group we knew from the beginning that a big team would be out. And it is good that it is City as I think Roberto can work without any kind of problem I believe. Because if it was Real Madrid I do not think the press would let me return to Madrid.” – Jose Mourinho.
The Special One was on good form at the Etihad on Wednesday night as he watched his Real Madrid side confirm their progression to the knockout stages of the Champions League as well as confirm Manchester City’s exit.
As a fair few hacks have mentioned, Jose Mourinho looked perfectly at ease at Manchester City’s home (see second video below of his reaction to 5 minutes injury time) and could well be a likely replacement for Bobby MC if the club’s hierarchy do ever put pressure on the Italian.
With the comments above, see first video below, Mourinho not only manages to criticise Manchester City’s failure in the Champions League but also keeps in check the Madrid press who have not always made his life easy at the Bernabeu.
Mourinho’s giggle at the end is also priceless.
- Updated: November 22, 2012