Jose Mourinho hails ‘friend’ Zlatan Ibrahimovic, ‘Just a pity he never played in the best league in the world’
- April 1, 2014
It’s often forgotten, but two of the game’s great super egos, Jose Mourinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, shared a dressing room at Inter for one season, before Zlatan left for Barcelona.
And on the eve of the reunion of this meeting of the minds, with Chelsea playing PSG in the Champions League quarters, Mourinho has hailed his ‘friend’ as one of the greats.
Dismissing the perception of Zlatan as a difficult character, Mourinho says he never had a single problem with the Swede, and that it’s his giant ego that makes him the player that he is.
Mourinho did finish, as is his wont, with a cheeky parting shot, lamenting that Zlatan never came to the ‘best league in the world’, so his CV will always be missing ‘the best league trophy in the world’.
Watch Mourinho’s Zlatan love-in on the clip below.
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...