Jose Mourinho hails ‘friend’ Zlatan Ibrahimovic, ‘Just a pity he never played in the best league in the world’
- April 1, 2014
It’s often forgotten, but two of the game’s great super egos, Jose Mourinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, shared a dressing room at Inter for one season, before Zlatan left for Barcelona.
And on the eve of the reunion of this meeting of the minds, with Chelsea playing PSG in the Champions League quarters, Mourinho has hailed his ‘friend’ as one of the greats.
Dismissing the perception of Zlatan as a difficult character, Mourinho says he never had a single problem with the Swede, and that it’s his giant ego that makes him the player that he is.
Mourinho did finish, as is his wont, with a cheeky parting shot, lamenting that Zlatan never came to the ‘best league in the world’, so his CV will always be missing ‘the best league trophy in the world’.
Watch Mourinho’s Zlatan love-in on the clip below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]