- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Jose Mourinho forgives Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for deriding his tactics [Wednesday Papers]
- April 29, 2014
Having learned much from Jose Mourinho during his football management apprenticeship, Brendan Rodgers has a deep respect for the Special One.
So it was surprising to see him deride the Portuguese’s tactics at Anfield last Sunday, dismissively saying ‘anyone’ can pick a team to sit and defend.
It seems it was all said in the heat of the moment though, and that the pair have kissed and made up.
According to Wednesday’s papers, Brendan Rodgers phoned Mourinho to apologize for his comments, which Mourinho duly accepted.