Jose Mourinho forgives Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for deriding his tactics [Wednesday Papers]
Having learned much from Jose Mourinho during his football management apprenticeship, Brendan Rodgers has a deep respect for the Special One.
So it was surprising to see him deride the Portuguese’s tactics at Anfield last Sunday, dismissively saying ‘anyone’ can pick a team to sit and defend.
It seems it was all said in the heat of the moment though, and that the pair have kissed and made up.
According to Wednesday’s papers, Brendan Rodgers phoned Mourinho to apologize for his comments, which Mourinho duly accepted.
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he left Timothy Fosu-Mensah out of squad to face Galatasaray [Quotes]July 30, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger told to leave Man United as nine players axed by Jose MourinhoJuly 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho bans Manchester United players from playing Pokemon Go before gamesJuly 24, 2016
- Jose Mourinho criticises question about shaking Pep Guardiola’s hand ahead of Man United v Man City (Video)July 24, 2016