Jose Mourinho forgives Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for deriding his tactics [Wednesday Papers]
- April 29, 2014
Having learned much from Jose Mourinho during his football management apprenticeship, Brendan Rodgers has a deep respect for the Special One.
So it was surprising to see him deride the Portuguese’s tactics at Anfield last Sunday, dismissively saying ‘anyone’ can pick a team to sit and defend.
It seems it was all said in the heat of the moment though, and that the pair have kissed and made up.
According to Wednesday’s papers, Brendan Rodgers phoned Mourinho to apologize for his comments, which Mourinho duly accepted.
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...