Jose Mourinho forgives Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for deriding his tactics [Wednesday Papers]
Having learned much from Jose Mourinho during his football management apprenticeship, Brendan Rodgers has a deep respect for the Special One.
So it was surprising to see him deride the Portuguese’s tactics at Anfield last Sunday, dismissively saying ‘anyone’ can pick a team to sit and defend.
It seems it was all said in the heat of the moment though, and that the pair have kissed and made up.
According to Wednesday’s papers, Brendan Rodgers phoned Mourinho to apologize for his comments, which Mourinho duly accepted.
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli wasn’t impressed by either ex-Liverpool boss, as coaches or people (Video)September 11, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers: I was doing Pep Guardiola’s full-backs tactical move at Liverpool (Video)September 9, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms he was never friends with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich (Video)October 22, 2016
- Jose Mourinho told Howard Webb that ‘The Man’ was going to fire him back in 2007 (Video)October 21, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho rules out third spell at Chelsea (Video)October 21, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho doesn’t come off well in Chelsea man Victor Moses’ ESPN interviewOctober 21, 2016