Jose Mourinho forgives Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for deriding his tactics [Wednesday Papers]
Having learned much from Jose Mourinho during his football management apprenticeship, Brendan Rodgers has a deep respect for the Special One.
So it was surprising to see him deride the Portuguese’s tactics at Anfield last Sunday, dismissively saying ‘anyone’ can pick a team to sit and defend.
It seems it was all said in the heat of the moment though, and that the pair have kissed and made up.
According to Wednesday’s papers, Brendan Rodgers phoned Mourinho to apologize for his comments, which Mourinho duly accepted.
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Wolves man Cameron Borthwick-Jackson reveals Jose Mourinho’s encouraging words (Video)August 22, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s treatment of Bastian Schweinsteiger will cost Manchester United a few £ millionAugust 21, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho explains how he reached out to ‘unloved’ Marouane FellainiAugust 20, 2016