Jose Mourinho forgives Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for deriding his tactics [Wednesday Papers]
Having learned much from Jose Mourinho during his football management apprenticeship, Brendan Rodgers has a deep respect for the Special One.
So it was surprising to see him deride the Portuguese’s tactics at Anfield last Sunday, dismissively saying ‘anyone’ can pick a team to sit and defend.
It seems it was all said in the heat of the moment though, and that the pair have kissed and made up.
According to Wednesday’s papers, Brendan Rodgers phoned Mourinho to apologize for his comments, which Mourinho duly accepted.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers trolls a journalist for a Loch Ness monster & Leo Messi questionNovember 22, 2016
- Celtic fans serenade Brendan Rodgers with hilarious song during win over Kilmarnock (Video)November 21, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho shows great agility to dodge linesman during Zorya 0 – Manchester Utd 2 (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho signs mascots boots pre-Zorya (Video)December 8, 2016
- Mourinho-loving granny gets giant tattoo of the Special OneDecember 7, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho slams UEFA over state of Zorya Luhansk’s ‘hard and icy’ pitch (Video)December 7, 2016