- Fergie: ‘Man United’s Michael Carrick is best centre midfielder in the Premier League’ [Video]
- Carlos Tevez nutmegs the keeper, gives Juve the lead v Napoli [Video]
- Manchester City stars (Aguero, Nasri) play FIFA 15, Yaya Toure refuses to pick United! [Video]
- Roma want to take Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski on loan to cover for Gervinho’s AFCON absence [Gazzetta]
- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
Jose Mourinho doesn’t want David Luiz to leave Chelsea for Barcelona [El Mundo Deportivo]
Over recent months we have been told by both the Spanish and English press that Jose Mourinho was looking to offload Brazilian defender David Luiz.
Suggestions over the past few days claimed Luiz would be willing to take a pay cut to join Barcelona and Chelsea had slapped a 46 million euro fee on his head.
But, El Mundo Deportivo report on Wednesday morning that Jose Mourinho does not want Luiz to leave Chelsea for Barcelona.
This comes on the same morning that The Sun have suggested Barcelona are closing in on signing the Brazilian defender – see picture.
Jose Mourinho has reportedly changed his mind about Luiz over the past two months due to the high regard the defender is held in by the Chelsea hiearchy.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is reportedly a big fan of Luiz and Mourinho is confident he can improve the former Benfica defender’s occasional lapses in concentration.
Barcelona now look set to target Liverpool defender Dan Agger and Sport.es suggest that the Catalans may give up their chase for a new centre back and trust in Carles Puyol who is returning from injury.
- Updated: August 7, 2013