Jose Mourinho doesn’t want David Luiz to leave Chelsea for Barcelona [El Mundo Deportivo]
- August 7, 2013
Over recent months we have been told by both the Spanish and English press that Jose Mourinho was looking to offload Brazilian defender David Luiz.
Suggestions over the past few days claimed Luiz would be willing to take a pay cut to join Barcelona and Chelsea had slapped a 46 million euro fee on his head.
But, El Mundo Deportivo report on Wednesday morning that Jose Mourinho does not want Luiz to leave Chelsea for Barcelona.
This comes on the same morning that The Sun have suggested Barcelona are closing in on signing the Brazilian defender – see picture.
Jose Mourinho has reportedly changed his mind about Luiz over the past two months due to the high regard the defender is held in by the Chelsea hiearchy.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is reportedly a big fan of Luiz and Mourinho is confident he can improve the former Benfica defender’s occasional lapses in concentration.
Barcelona now look set to target Liverpool defender Dan Agger and Sport.es suggest that the Catalans may give up their chase for a new centre back and trust in Carles Puyol who is returning from injury.
- Leo Messi shares UEFA POY award with Luis Suarez on flight home to Barcelona
- Identical: Neymar’s doppelgänger Barry Cotter (16) signs for Irish club Limerick
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi wins the Champions League 14-15 Goal of the Season award...
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen won the CL 14-15 Save of the Season award (Video)
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes to join Besiktas on free transfer [Telegraph]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...