Jose Mourinho claimed he said nothing to Chelsea at halftime at Fulham, Andre Schurrle told a different story [Videos]
- March 2, 2014
SCHURRLE BRANDS MOURINHO A "LIAR" AMID RIFT RUMOURS
— Football Clichés (@FootballCliches) March 1, 2014
It may only be a little white lie, but Jose Mourinho’s epic non-team talk at Fulham on Saturday may have been a little more vocal than the Special One wanted people to believe.
Following Chelsea 3-0 win at Craven Cottage which left the Blues four points clear at the top of the Premier League, reporters wanted to know what Jose Mourinho said to his players at halftime to inspire the second half performance after a miserable first 45.
Mourinho proudly told the BBC that he said absolutely nothing:
At half-time, I told them nothing – nothing – not a word. I walked in, then I walked out. I don’t know if anyone else gave a team talk. I was not inside the dressing room.
Mourinho’s version of events was slightly contradicted by Chelsea’s hero of the game Andre Schurrle, who told a different story when asked to recall what Mourinho did during the interval at Fulham. The German international said:
It was like 10, 15 seconds in the dressing room. He told us something I don’t want to tell here. But, erm, then he left us and everyone knew we needed to change our face… Everyone has big respect for the manager.
Watch the conflicting reports of what Jose Mourinho did and didn’t do at halftime at Fulham below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...