Jonathan Pearce’s cringeworthy ‘Yeah Baby’ commentary as Mike Myers was spotted at Liverpool v Fulham
- November 11, 2013
Comedian Mike Myers was at Liverpool on Saturday to take in his first game at Anfield since 1975. Apparently.
The appearance of Austin Powers on Merseyside was picked up by all and sundry, and that included Match of the Day commentator Jonathan Pearce.
Like a dad embarrassing their kids trying to be cool with the lingo of the youth, Pearce referenced the Hollywood A-lister’s Anfield appearance in cringeworthy fashion as the middle-aged BBC employee said “Yeah Baby!” on camera.
Moreover, what was noticeable was that the Austin Powers reference really had little to do with the subject matter at hand (Pearce was just talking about how Myers’ father’s ashes sprinkled on the Mersey river), while the commentator said his line in more of an Elvis Presley style than the British spoof spy hero.
Watch Jonathan Pearce’s cringeworthy “Yeah Baby” commentary below.
- Former Man City striker Mario Balotelli is told that his Liverpool career is over [Inde...
- Liverpool represantives in Barcelona to tie up loan deal for Adama Traore [RAC 1]
- Joao Carlos Teixeira scored a stunning 40 yard lob for Liverpool in friendly (Video)
- The Guardian produce a Liverpool 2015-16 season preview (Video)
- Golazo! Martin Skrtel scores an absolute screamer in Liverpool training (Video)
- HJK Helsinki v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi