Jonathan Pearce’s cringeworthy ‘Yeah Baby’ commentary as Mike Myers was spotted at Liverpool v Fulham
- November 11, 2013
Comedian Mike Myers was at Liverpool on Saturday to take in his first game at Anfield since 1975. Apparently.
The appearance of Austin Powers on Merseyside was picked up by all and sundry, and that included Match of the Day commentator Jonathan Pearce.
Like a dad embarrassing their kids trying to be cool with the lingo of the youth, Pearce referenced the Hollywood A-lister’s Anfield appearance in cringeworthy fashion as the middle-aged BBC employee said “Yeah Baby!” on camera.
Moreover, what was noticeable was that the Austin Powers reference really had little to do with the subject matter at hand (Pearce was just talking about how Myers’ father’s ashes sprinkled on the Mersey river), while the commentator said his line in more of an Elvis Presley style than the British spoof spy hero.
Watch Jonathan Pearce’s cringeworthy “Yeah Baby” commentary below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...