Jonathan Pearce’s cringeworthy ‘Yeah Baby’ commentary as Mike Myers was spotted at Liverpool v Fulham
- November 11, 2013
Comedian Mike Myers was at Liverpool on Saturday to take in his first game at Anfield since 1975. Apparently.
The appearance of Austin Powers on Merseyside was picked up by all and sundry, and that included Match of the Day commentator Jonathan Pearce.
Like a dad embarrassing their kids trying to be cool with the lingo of the youth, Pearce referenced the Hollywood A-lister’s Anfield appearance in cringeworthy fashion as the middle-aged BBC employee said “Yeah Baby!” on camera.
Moreover, what was noticeable was that the Austin Powers reference really had little to do with the subject matter at hand (Pearce was just talking about how Myers’ father’s ashes sprinkled on the Mersey river), while the commentator said his line in more of an Elvis Presley style than the British spoof spy hero.
Watch Jonathan Pearce’s cringeworthy “Yeah Baby” commentary below.
- AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli gets ‘assist’ with hangtime header for And...
- Spine: Steven Gerrard posts Instagram picture of a classic Liverpool team
- Done Deal: Liverpool confirm signing Allan from Internacional, he’s immediately s...
- Bryan Robson and Denis Irwin recreate famous Man United goals v Liverpool (Video)
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Liverpool’s Jose Enrique deletes Twitter & Instagram accounts to focus on fo...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...