Jon Walters (Stoke) v Chelsea: The worst performance ever? (Ft. Woodgate & Palermo)
- January 12, 2013
“Jon’s fine, We look after people at the football club. It wasn’t our day today, it was Chelsea’s day.” – Tony Pulis.
The bare facts make grim reading for Jon Walters: Own goal 45+ 1. Own goal 63. Missed penalty 90.
In the official Fantasy Premier League game, Walters ended the match with minus four points, pretty much an unheard of total for a midfielder.
It was a far cry from when Walters scored a fine brace against Liverpool in a 3-1 win on Boxing Day that had many hailing the Republic of Ireland attacker.
Many have asked in the aftermath of Chelsea’s 4-0 victory at the Britannia, whether it was the worst individual performance in Premier League history.
On 101gg, we like to take a little more global attitude to these debates, so Walters’ 2 own goals and a penalty miss can only be compared to two of the most infamous of all displays.
Have we missed any? Did Jon Walters produce the worst display ever? Surely, he should be given credit for stepping up to take a late penalty!
Jon Walters’ two own goals and a penalty miss can be seen below. First 2 are videos, third is a GIF.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...