Jon Walters (Stoke) v Chelsea: The worst performance ever? (Ft. Woodgate & Palermo)
- January 12, 2013
“Jon’s fine, We look after people at the football club. It wasn’t our day today, it was Chelsea’s day.” – Tony Pulis.
The bare facts make grim reading for Jon Walters: Own goal 45+ 1. Own goal 63. Missed penalty 90.
In the official Fantasy Premier League game, Walters ended the match with minus four points, pretty much an unheard of total for a midfielder.
It was a far cry from when Walters scored a fine brace against Liverpool in a 3-1 win on Boxing Day that had many hailing the Republic of Ireland attacker.
Many have asked in the aftermath of Chelsea’s 4-0 victory at the Britannia, whether it was the worst individual performance in Premier League history.
On 101gg, we like to take a little more global attitude to these debates, so Walters’ 2 own goals and a penalty miss can only be compared to two of the most infamous of all displays.
Have we missed any? Did Jon Walters produce the worst display ever? Surely, he should be given credit for stepping up to take a late penalty!
Jon Walters’ two own goals and a penalty miss can be seen below. First 2 are videos, third is a GIF.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]