- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
John W.Henry: Liverpool can be champions again & reiterates Suarez will not be sold to Arsenal
Not for the first time this week, Liverpool owner John W.Henry has been forthright in his opinions of how he sees the future at Anfield and where Luis Suarez will play his football next season.
Besides the interviews given to the English press, confirming Suarez would not be sold to Arsenal, during last week, Henry also gave an interview to NRK.No – a Norwegian broadcaster.
The interview was aired on Friday, after Liverpool beat Valerenga 4-1 in midweek and Henry was bullish in his assessment of the season ahead.
Of course, the highlight for all Liverpool fans would be Henry’s suggestion that the Merseyside giants will win the league again.
The goals for the campaign ahead also seem tricky for Brendan Rodgers: Champions League qualification and success in both English cup competitions.
Finally, the fact Henry chuckles when talking of Suarez and explains that the Uruguayan will not be joining Arsenal, should be reassuring to Liverpool fans.
The image below has the translation of John W. Henry’s quotes from the interview with NRK.No (via Liverpool Reddit.) Video below is of Henry and his wife at the Valerenga match.
- Updated: August 10, 2013