John Terry’s £150,000 a week wages to be halved if Chelsea skipper decides to stay on [Mirror]
John Terry’s been rejuvenated under Jose Mourinho this season, to the point that he’s once again being hailed by many as the best defender in the league, having suffered periodic drops in form over recent seasons.
The Mirror report tomorrow that Chelsea are now ready to reward him, though with a caveat: they’re willing to offer him a new deal to stay on next season, but it will mean halving his wages.
Terry’s current £150,000 a week deal expires in the summer, but at 33 – turning 34 next season, he’s apparently slipped into Chelsea’s lower wage rung.
Watch Live Stream
- David Luiz films his Chelsea trio in great mood ahead of West Brom (videos)December 10, 2016
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- Chelsea v West Brom: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Two Chelsea legends return to the club during MLS off-seasonDecember 10, 2016
- Terry and Loftus-Cheek talk about ‘the Journey’ process in BTS EA Sports videoDecember 8, 2016
- John Terry films bizarre goalkeeper exercise at Chelsea trainingDecember 8, 2016
- John Terry celebrates Nathan Ake winner, Jordon Ibe has mixed emotions over Bournemouth 4 – Liverpool 3December 4, 2016
- John Terry talks about watching Arsenal & Man United win the title (Video)November 26, 2016