- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
John Obi Mikel threatened to ‘break Mark Clattenburg’s legs’ when Chelsea accused ref of racism [Sunday Sun]
The Sunday Sun splashed their backpage with a shocking revelation regarding one of the most controversial issues in the 2012-13 Premier League season.
Manchester United’s 3-2 win at Chelsea last October was mired by accusations from Chelsea that referee Mark Clattenburg racially abused John Obi Mikel.
At the time Chelsea released an official statement which read:
We have lodged a complaint to the Premier League match delegate with regards to inappropriate language used by the referee and directed at two of our players in two separate incidents in today’s match. The match delegate will pass the complaint to the FA.
As we now know, that claims that Clattenburg called Juan Mata “a Spanish twat” and that he racially abused Mikel were found to be unfounded, and now, 12 months later, the refs have hit back in the press.
As reported in The Sun:
John Obi Mikel yelled “I’m going to break your legs” at ref Mark Clattenburg. And the Blues star tried to throw a punch at the official in a dressing room bust-up that shamed Chelsea.
(Mark) Halsey claims Mikel burst into the ref’s dressing room after Chelsea lost to Manchester United and yelled at Clattenburg: “I’m going to break your legs”.
See the backpage of the Sunday Sun below.
- Updated: September 15, 2013