John Obi Mikel threatened to ‘break Mark Clattenburg’s legs’ when Chelsea accused ref of racism [Sunday Sun]
- September 15, 2013
The Sunday Sun splashed their backpage with a shocking revelation regarding one of the most controversial issues in the 2012-13 Premier League season.
Manchester United’s 3-2 win at Chelsea last October was mired by accusations from Chelsea that referee Mark Clattenburg racially abused John Obi Mikel.
At the time Chelsea released an official statement which read:
We have lodged a complaint to the Premier League match delegate with regards to inappropriate language used by the referee and directed at two of our players in two separate incidents in today’s match. The match delegate will pass the complaint to the FA.
As we now know, that claims that Clattenburg called Juan Mata “a Spanish twat” and that he racially abused Mikel were found to be unfounded, and now, 12 months later, the refs have hit back in the press.
As reported in The Sun:
John Obi Mikel yelled “I’m going to break your legs” at ref Mark Clattenburg. And the Blues star tried to throw a punch at the official in a dressing room bust-up that shamed Chelsea.
(Mark) Halsey claims Mikel burst into the ref’s dressing room after Chelsea lost to Manchester United and yelled at Clattenburg: “I’m going to break your legs”.
See the backpage of the Sunday Sun below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...