- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
John Obi Mikel threatened to ‘break Mark Clattenburg’s legs’ when Chelsea accused ref of racism [Sunday Sun]
- Updated: September 15, 2013
The Sunday Sun splashed their backpage with a shocking revelation regarding one of the most controversial issues in the 2012-13 Premier League season.
Manchester United’s 3-2 win at Chelsea last October was mired by accusations from Chelsea that referee Mark Clattenburg racially abused John Obi Mikel.
At the time Chelsea released an official statement which read:
We have lodged a complaint to the Premier League match delegate with regards to inappropriate language used by the referee and directed at two of our players in two separate incidents in today’s match. The match delegate will pass the complaint to the FA.
As we now know, that claims that Clattenburg called Juan Mata “a Spanish twat” and that he racially abused Mikel were found to be unfounded, and now, 12 months later, the refs have hit back in the press.
As reported in The Sun:
John Obi Mikel yelled “I’m going to break your legs” at ref Mark Clattenburg. And the Blues star tried to throw a punch at the official in a dressing room bust-up that shamed Chelsea.
(Mark) Halsey claims Mikel burst into the ref’s dressing room after Chelsea lost to Manchester United and yelled at Clattenburg: “I’m going to break your legs”.
See the backpage of the Sunday Sun below.