Johan Cruyff: ‘It’s been 4 years since the manager made the decisions at Barcelona’ [Video]
- April 11, 2014
Winner of 4 titles and the club’s first ever European Cup with the Dream Team, Johan Cruyff’s words still carry weight around Barcelona.
The highly opinionated Dutchmen told the Spanish press some of his feelings about what’s gone wrong at the Catalan club in the wake of their Champions League defeat to Atletico.
And Cruyff was pretty damning about the prevailing culture of player power which currently reigns at Can Barca.
Asked about Martino, Cruyff replied: ‘He’s doing what he can, but…in football the manager has to lead…and the managers hasn’t been the one making the decisions at Barcelona for four years now’.
The four year hypothesis would take us back to 2010, when…Pep Guardiola was still in charge, one year before his second Champions League triumph at the helm.
So what is Cruyff trying to say? That Guardiola wasn’t making the decisions even at the height of their success? Seems a bit far-fetched….perhaps he got his dates mixed up?
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Chile goalkeeper Claudio Bravo claims there are no plans to mark Barca star Leo Messi i...
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- Leo Messi orders manager Tata Martino to make substitutions during Copa America semi v ...
- The Master: Lionel Messi’s amazing dribbling skills regularly floor opponents [Vi...
- Barcelona agree €35m fee with Atletico Madrid for Arda Turan [Sport]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi