Johan Cruyff: ‘It’s been 4 years since the manager made the decisions at Barcelona’ [Video]
- April 11, 2014
Winner of 4 titles and the club’s first ever European Cup with the Dream Team, Johan Cruyff’s words still carry weight around Barcelona.
The highly opinionated Dutchmen told the Spanish press some of his feelings about what’s gone wrong at the Catalan club in the wake of their Champions League defeat to Atletico.
And Cruyff was pretty damning about the prevailing culture of player power which currently reigns at Can Barca.
Asked about Martino, Cruyff replied: ‘He’s doing what he can, but…in football the manager has to lead…and the managers hasn’t been the one making the decisions at Barcelona for four years now’.
The four year hypothesis would take us back to 2010, when…Pep Guardiola was still in charge, one year before his second Champions League triumph at the helm.
So what is Cruyff trying to say? That Guardiola wasn’t making the decisions even at the height of their success? Seems a bit far-fetched….perhaps he got his dates mixed up?
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...