Joey Barton was in the away end at the Emirates for Marseille match, not impressed with “Highbury” atmosphere
- November 26, 2013
After spending a loan spell in Ligue 1 with Marseille last season, Joey Barton took the opportunity to see his old club as they went down to a 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on Tuesday night.
Now a key part of QPR’s promotion push, Barton openly admits he has a soft spot for OM but would not take a huge drop in wages to return to French football.
Barton appeared to enjoy his experience in the away end at the Emirates and couldn’t resist taking a dig at the atmosphere at Arsenal’s home ground.
Sending out one Tweet in the second half, saying: “So quiet here tonight at Highbury…”
The combative midfielder was magnanimous later on with another Tweet: “Pity about the result. Arsenal much too strong tonight…”
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Aleksandar Mitrović’s pre-Arsenal interview is quite funny in retrospect (Video)
- Wenger post-Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: optimistic of making late transfer deal (Video)
- Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s knee injury, Koscielny’s return (Best Tw...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...