Joey Barton was in the away end at the Emirates for Marseille match, not impressed with “Highbury” atmosphere
- November 26, 2013
After spending a loan spell in Ligue 1 with Marseille last season, Joey Barton took the opportunity to see his old club as they went down to a 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on Tuesday night.
Now a key part of QPR’s promotion push, Barton openly admits he has a soft spot for OM but would not take a huge drop in wages to return to French football.
Barton appeared to enjoy his experience in the away end at the Emirates and couldn’t resist taking a dig at the atmosphere at Arsenal’s home ground.
Sending out one Tweet in the second half, saying: “So quiet here tonight at Highbury…”
The combative midfielder was magnanimous later on with another Tweet: “Pity about the result. Arsenal much too strong tonight…”
- Nacho Monreal wears his shorts back to front at Arsenal Members Day , Cazorla loves it ...
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Come And Get Me, Arsene: Karim Benzema starts following Wengerland on Instagram
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Fernando Llorente’s agent meets Arsenal officials to discuss potential £8.5m tran...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi