- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: “Jack Wilshere deals very well with kicks & tackles” [Video]
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez frustrated with his bad reputation [Video]
- EPIC FAIL! ISL keeper David James got caught in the net whilst trying to kick post in anger [Video]
- Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man City all have men in FIFPro World XI best midfielders list
- Real Madrid pitch invader at Basel celebrates his illegal behaviour on Facebook [Pictures]
Joey Barton was in the away end at the Emirates for Marseille match, not impressed with “Highbury” atmosphere
After spending a loan spell in Ligue 1 with Marseille last season, Joey Barton took the opportunity to see his old club as they went down to a 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on Tuesday night.
Now a key part of QPR’s promotion push, Barton openly admits he has a soft spot for OM but would not take a huge drop in wages to return to French football.
Barton appeared to enjoy his experience in the away end at the Emirates and couldn’t resist taking a dig at the atmosphere at Arsenal’s home ground.
Sending out one Tweet in the second half, saying: “So quiet here tonight at Highbury…”
The combative midfielder was magnanimous later on with another Tweet: “Pity about the result. Arsenal much too strong tonight…”
- Updated: November 26, 2013