Joey Barton claims Sir Alex Ferguson “couldn’t coach” [The best Tweets]
- October 11, 2013
Joey Barton’s comments at the Leaders Sport Summit on Thursday caused much debate.
Very few of us could disagree with his assessment of the England team but his comments about legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson do open up a wider debate.
Barton said: “We rate managers but we don’t rate coaches in this country. I don’t mean to disrespect Sir Alex Ferguson – he was a great manager but he couldn’t put on a coaching session to save his life. He couldn’t even put out the cones. There is a big difference between a coach and a manager.”
Are people in England unable to differentiate between a coach and a manager?
Does this explain the lack of coaches in England, as compared to say Germany and Spain?
Has the obsession with Football Manager, transfer gossip and Fantasy Football clouded people’s judgement in how players can be coached?
Or, is Joey Barton just mouthing off again with no real discernible understanding of what he is talking about.
The best Tweets on Joey Barton saying Sir Alex Ferguson “couldn’t coach” are below.
Joey Barton suggests that Sir Alex Ferguson was not a great coach…. It's not Sir Joey Barton is it. Douche.
— Vince Noir (@nagaerhurst) October 11, 2013
Whilst Barton talked about Alex Ferguson, the man himself was conducting a coaching workshop for @FAICoachEd see their timeline for quotes
— Barney @Red News (@barneyrednews) October 10, 2013
Before we start bringing out the pictures of Ferguson's trophy haul, Barton did say there is a difference between management and coaching.
— Mercuzaj (@MrScripto) October 10, 2013
More pearls of wisdom I see from Joey Barton, this time on Sir Alex Ferguson. He'd know, of course, having played under him so often …
— James Ducker (@DuckerTheTimes) October 10, 2013
Wider point of Joey Barton's point on Ferguson ("a great, great manager") is that football celebrates managers and not those who coach.
— Richard Conway (@richard_conway) October 10, 2013
Barton talking about Sir Alex Ferguson being a manager rather than coach: 'He could barely put out the cones'. Did laud SAF before, mind.
— Julian Bennetts (@julian_bennetts) October 10, 2013
- Joey Barton may be regretting this 2014 Tweet now that he has to live in Burnley
- Joey Barton gives his first interview as a Burnley player (Video)
- Joey Barton’s move from QPR to West Ham collapses, midfielder posts video to expl...
- West Ham set to sign Joey Barton after owner David Gold previously called him “vi...
- After 9 goals in 7 games, Joey Barton finally changes his mind about Neymar
- QPR’s Joey Barton blasts The Mirror’s “clueless journalism” ove...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...