Joey Barton claims Sir Alex Ferguson “couldn’t coach” [The best Tweets]
- October 11, 2013
Joey Barton’s comments at the Leaders Sport Summit on Thursday caused much debate.
Very few of us could disagree with his assessment of the England team but his comments about legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson do open up a wider debate.
Barton said: “We rate managers but we don’t rate coaches in this country. I don’t mean to disrespect Sir Alex Ferguson – he was a great manager but he couldn’t put on a coaching session to save his life. He couldn’t even put out the cones. There is a big difference between a coach and a manager.”
Are people in England unable to differentiate between a coach and a manager?
Does this explain the lack of coaches in England, as compared to say Germany and Spain?
Has the obsession with Football Manager, transfer gossip and Fantasy Football clouded people’s judgement in how players can be coached?
Or, is Joey Barton just mouthing off again with no real discernible understanding of what he is talking about.
The best Tweets on Joey Barton saying Sir Alex Ferguson “couldn’t coach” are below.
Joey Barton suggests that Sir Alex Ferguson was not a great coach…. It's not Sir Joey Barton is it. Douche.
— Vince Noir (@nagaerhurst) October 11, 2013
Whilst Barton talked about Alex Ferguson, the man himself was conducting a coaching workshop for @FAICoachEd see their timeline for quotes
— Barney @Red News (@barneyrednews) October 10, 2013
Before we start bringing out the pictures of Ferguson's trophy haul, Barton did say there is a difference between management and coaching.
— Mercuzaj (@MrScripto) October 10, 2013
More pearls of wisdom I see from Joey Barton, this time on Sir Alex Ferguson. He'd know, of course, having played under him so often …
— James Ducker (@DuckerTheTimes) October 10, 2013
Wider point of Joey Barton's point on Ferguson ("a great, great manager") is that football celebrates managers and not those who coach.
— Richard Conway (@richard_conway) October 10, 2013
Barton talking about Sir Alex Ferguson being a manager rather than coach: 'He could barely put out the cones'. Did laud SAF before, mind.
— Julian Bennetts (@julian_bennetts) October 10, 2013
- After 9 goals in 7 games, Joey Barton finally changes his mind about Neymar
- QPR’s Joey Barton blasts The Mirror’s “clueless journalism” ove...
- TalkSPORT presenter rants about Joey Barton, parachute payments and QPR live on air [Vi...
- Brilliant TalkSport commentary: Mark Saggers on QPR & Joey Barton after relegation...
- Chris Ramsey agrees with Joey Barton about ‘bad eggs’ sending QPR down [Video]
- Joey Barton apologises & admits QPR deserve to go down in barrage of tweets
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi