- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
Joel Campbell Tweets delight at goal v Man United, wants to stay at Arsenal
Despite signing for Arsenal over two years ago, Joel Campbell’s goal versus Manchester United on Tuesday evening undoubtedly saw the Costa Rican announce himself to the world.
Encouragingly for Arsenal, Campbell told ESPN Deportes how keen he is to return to the Emirates and make a name for himself as a Premier League regular.
Campbell said: “I am still hopeful of playing for Arsenal but I have not been given the chance yet, I hope to keep working at Olympiakos. I am making sure that I take this opportunity.”
He added: “We played every well against a very good team and we weren’t intimidated. There is still a very hard game at Old Trafford and we hope to advance to the next round. Thank God I scored a goal and celebrated it with my father, girlfriend and cousins. There are many things I can improve on though, I am 21 and I have to keep working.”
Campbell also took to Twitter to thank all his supporters for their kind messages after the goal – see below.
A night to remember / Una noche para recordar pic.twitter.com/CuqmH3qa1O
— Joel Campbell (@joel_campbell12) February 25, 2014
— Joel Campbell (@joel_campbell12) February 26, 2014
- Updated: February 26, 2014